The Student Room Group

Would I get into an American MA Program??

Undergraduate Degree - B.A. (Hons) English Literature 2.1 (67%)

US International Equivilancy: 3.48-3.52/4.00 GPA (first figure based on 2nd and 3rd year, last figured on units counting towards classification, worked out from World Education Services)

MA in English - Arizona State Univeristy
Master in Liberal Arts - Johns Hopkins University

Both the online options, or if not these, any other lower ranking US uni's?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
If I was single i'd be tempted to move to the states for further study; however, i am in a cohabiting long term relationship and would be unhappy moving out on my own, so online is my only option for US study,

Very kind advice, all id say is i didnt go to Oxbridge or a Russell Group... I went to a 50's rank uni but a Consistent Top 20 for my subject. Oxbridge might have helped their application somewhat :tongue:
Reply 2
Do you have a better calculator for me to work from?

I haven't had my grade formually calcuated by WES yet (i would have to do this to apply) but i did use their calcuator and got 3.52

However, I did calculate 2nd and 3rd year and i only got graded on third year as my uni either does 100% of third year marks or 40% 2nd year 60% 3rd year. Might have made a difference
Reply 3
Strange, they told me they'd need it as part of the application...

Also re did the calculation based on my grades taken into account for classification instead of all grades (Method 1: 100% year 3, Method 2: 40% Year 2, 60% Year 3 - whichever is higher). I achieved Method 1, and earned, you've guessed it, a 3.67.

Thanks for all the help my friend!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending