The Student Room Group

University application boosters.

Hello!

I was researching some things on the net and i read about non-academic things like NCS and asdan and other non academic activities that could get you ucas points.

What i wanted to know is do these things really affect your application to big universities like oxbridge or LSE or imperial or are they a waste of time?
Original post by Edmar Hadad
Hello!

I was researching some things on the net and i read about non-academic things like NCS and asdan and other non academic activities that could get you ucas points.

What i wanted to know is do these things really affect your application to big universities like oxbridge or LSE or imperial or are they a waste of time?

Top universities don't make offers in points, so what points these things carry is irrelevant. If they have any relevance to the course you are applying for, then they may make you stand out, but if not, it isn't worth doing something you wouldn't normally do just because you think it will impress.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Top universities don't make offers in points, so what points these things carry is irrelevant. If they have any relevance to the course you are applying for, then they may make you stand out, but if not, it isn't worth doing something you wouldn't normally do just because you think it will impress.

Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending