The Student Room Group

What is the best way to revise for psychology?

Im doing AQA a psychology and there are a lot of essays to learn as we get 24 markers, i find it hard to use flashcards and making notes isn't always the best I'm also retaking 1 or possibly both As exams as i got a b and c but a c overall and i want to get an A so I can study psychology at uni.
I would 100% recommend mind maps!! Colour and bullet points so it looks organised and colourful!
Past papers are a definite too!! They like to re word questions so you will have already practiced the question or similar to it!!

As well as this, do an essay grid for each potential topic of an essay, so separate your A01/A02 and IDA

this way you have a visual representation of how the notes will form the essay and you can re read them and learn them!
This is the technique I use and got me over 90% in both my AS exams and I hope to use it for A2 as well

1) make sure you understand the topic
2) Get a list of all the possible psychology essays
3) Do them all
4) get them marked- ensure they're all full marks keep bugging your teacher and ask her/him what to include until you have full marks
5) once the above has been accomplished
Learn these essays- Very likely similar qs will come up
To learn this id
Read one paragraph of the essay five times
Look away and write down everything I Remember
Then go and read the second paragraph and do the same
But after you've done the 2nd paragraph
Reread both the 1st and 2nd paragraph and write both of these down without looking
Repeat till you can write the full essay down without looking

Good luck
Also- loopa psychology for AQA is a life saver - gives u everything you need for an A
Definitely worth an investment
PM me if you have any other enquires

Posted from TSR Mobile
Agree with the above poster, mind maps did it for me! :smile: make sure you use colour so it doesn't all blend into one thing if you get me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending