The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yay! Finally a thread for Brum!
Hopefully I'll be there in september (Biology)!
Can't wait (sadly exams come first though :frown: )
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Lupin Loopy
Yay! Finally a thread for Brum!
Hopefully I'll be there in september (Biology)!
Can't wait (sadly exams come first though :frown: )

biology?! cool ! i know - i'm excited also ! but i really want the grades lol,

what do ya need to get?
Reply 3
My offer is quite strange (well, points = confusing :confused: )
Its
320 points inc B in Biology and a B in maths or chemistry. (not inc Key skills)

I'm doing maths, bio and chem A-levels and Critical thinking AS Level
I already have an A in ICT AS level, so thats already 60 points, so out of my A Levels, I need 2 B's (which willl make up my total points to 260, so then I need a total of 60 points from the remaining A-level and critical thinking)

How about you?
What kind of accommodation did you put down for?
Lupin Loopy
My offer is quite strange (well, points = confusing :confused: )
Its
320 points inc B in Biology and a B in maths or chemistry. (not inc Key skills)

I'm doing maths, bio and chem A-levels and Critical thinking AS Level
I already have an A in ICT AS level, so thats already 60 points, so out of my A Levels, I need 2 B's (which willl make up my total points to 260, so then I need a total of 60 points from the remaining A-level and critical thinking)

How about you?
What kind of accommodation did you put down for?

lol...how complicated,

i put down single room and en-suite couldnt share as i get quite irritable if i dont have my own personal space , and like my hygiene lol what about you??

i need to get ABB with an A in eng. or hist
I am going in September- to do Psychology...

I have an unconditional offer!!
:smile:
Reply 6
I put down for a single room, self catered (preferably on the Vale). I didnt go for en-suite - waaaaay too expensive!
Reply 7
Lupin Loopy
I put down for a single room, self catered (preferably on the Vale). I didnt go for en-suite - waaaaay too expensive!

The accommodation was a lot cheaper this year.
lol - i had to have en-suite, i'm neurotic about my own personal hygiene
Reply 9
not that you're rubbing it in or anything.......

God, my loan isnt even going to cover my rent :frown:
Why is it more expensive this year - have they been done up or something?
Lupin Loopy

sorry - didn't mean to sound rather snooty, how come the Vale is preferential to you?
Reply 11
Lupin Loopy

Nah, the whole hall thing was s--- anyway.
muncrun
Trust me guys, get something on the Vale. It's where it's all happening, especially in the summer.

really?? what's happenning there???? hehehe.... *hopes for certain things*
Reply 13
John Paul Jones
really?? what's happenning there???? hehehe.... *hopes for certain things*

Currently in Mason. Good place to be for the social life but you've got to be prepared to pay a lot for shyte food and not-so-good accommodation. The Vale is the place to be in the summer though - you get everyone out there in this good weather playing sport, chilling out, having barbeques etc. Get the gazebos up and the music on and it's like a mini festival! Also has the lake and the ducks who themselves are almost legendary characters! You could almost forget you were only a mile or two from the centre of Brum!

Oh, here's a little-known fact for those people not at Birmingham that I'll share since it just popped into my head: Chris Tarrant was expelled from the uni for taking a swan, clipping its wings and throwing from the top floor of Chamberlain Tower!
muncrun
Currently in Mason. Good place to be for the social life but you've got to be prepared to pay a lot for shyte food and not-so-good accommodation. The Vale is the place to be in the summer though - you get everyone out there in this good weather playing sport, chilling out, having barbeques etc. Get the gazebos up and the music on and it's like a mini festival! Also has the lake and the ducks who themselves are almost legendary characters! You could almost forget you were only a mile or two from the centre of Brum!

Oh, here's a little-known fact for those people not at Birmingham that I'll share since it just popped into my head: Chris Tarrant was expelled from the uni for taking a swan, clipping its wings and throwing from the top floor of Chamberlain Tower!

haahahah, sounds fantastic - can't wait ! what subject are you doing there??

the only problem is, that on the accom. application form, you can't specify which accomodation you'd prefer, only whether single, sharing en-suite or not and catering arrangements,

lol what an evil thing to do - poor swans, so is the food really bad there then?
Reply 15
muncrun

Ohh, I heard about that when I came on the open day :biggrin:. I would have so loved to be on The Vale, it might have been more fun!
Reply 16
Where are you living Nylex?
Reply 17
muncrun
Where are you living Nylex?

Manor House.
Reply 18
You drunk hussy :tongue:

Tim.
Reply 19
Yes, the Vale will be the place to be next year with The Hub thing opening at the newly renovated Shakleton Hall.

If anyone is living in the Tennis Courts, make sure you post which flat you are in, just in case you are in my old flat! :smile: