The Student Room Group

A-Level Retake

I flopped my AS exams in Chemistry Maths and Physics I got all U's in them and I didn't understand why but now I think I do.. but anyway yes so My Sixth Form wouldn't let me advance and set me back a year with completely new different subjects Biology, Computing, Business and Geography and I want to know if that can still lead me to a course in Engineering at Uni. But However recently Ive come accross the idea of paying a tutor privately to resit my Chemistry and Maths and a new subject Biology and do the whole of the AS and A2 in one year I was wondering what is the best option for me right now stay with new subjects with new specs and potentially dont allow me to do my uni course or pay alot of money to resit AS and A2 in a year and if I do do that is it possible to come out with a good grade if I put in 150% EFFORT like im willing to have no social life and make every single sacrifice possible, so I need advice guys ? what shall I do and please give me the benefits of each and cons so i can weigh out the potentials.

Thanks
Original post by schoolboychronic
I flopped my AS exams in Chemistry Maths and Physics I got all U's in them and I didn't understand why but now I think I do.. but anyway yes so My Sixth Form wouldn't let me advance and set me back a year with completely new different subjects Biology, Computing, Business and Geography and I want to know if that can still lead me to a course in Engineering at Uni. But However recently Ive come accross the idea of paying a tutor privately to resit my Chemistry and Maths and a new subject Biology and do the whole of the AS and A2 in one year I was wondering what is the best option for me right now stay with new subjects with new specs and potentially dont allow me to do my uni course or pay alot of money to resit AS and A2 in a year and if I do do that is it possible to come out with a good grade if I put in 150% EFFORT like im willing to have no social life and make every single sacrifice possible, so I need advice guys ? what shall I do and please give me the benefits of each and cons so i can weigh out the potentials.

Thanks

If you're that committed and can afford it, the tutor sounds like the best option. I can't really think of any Engineering courses that won't require either maths or physics, to be honest. The other option is to do a Level 3 BTEC, which many universities accept in place of A Levels for Engineering.

With a tutor, you'll at least know that you're doing it right. A lot of people who self-study think they're going okay but, in reality, their revision technique just isn't up to it because they're not being continually assessed like they would in school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending