The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston Entry Discussion Thread 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone got an offer for the computing for business BSc degree??
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Hello!I have an offer from Aston University, to study Internation Business + Economics, my offer is ABB, my AS grades were BBC, im studying, business, economics and PE, as exams are approaching i have the same question as everyone else, what if i just miss the grades, i understand that the business school is REALLY competitive and Aston is where my heart is set and cant imagine the disappointment on results day if i narrowly miss the grades. As i have firmed aston i received an email that i may still get in if i miss the grades, does this apply to the business school as well demand the high demand for places. also what are the chances of doing a joint honors programme such as Business manag + public policy eg? is that something they offer to people who miss the offer by grade or two? last question, if i am rejected by aston on the day, is there a point still phoning them up? THANKSSSS IM DONE HAHA
Hi everyone,I'm from Portugal and I've applied to study Business Management at Aston.

A lot of people have recommended me this university, I'm just curious why Aston has been dropping in rankings these past years...
I also have an offer from Sussex so I'm a little bit confused about which one to choose because Sussex has a much better ranking globally but not so good student satisfaction, and since I'll be far far far away from home haha that's something I will have to consider:s-smilie:.
Reply 83
Original post by mariana_marquet
Hi everyone,I'm from Portugal and I've applied to study Business Management at Aston.

A lot of people have recommended me this university, I'm just curious why Aston has been dropping in rankings these past years...
I also have an offer from Sussex so I'm a little bit confused about which one to choose because Sussex has a much better ranking globally but not so good student satisfaction, and since I'll be far far far away from home haha that's something I will have to consider:s-smilie:.

Hello Mariana,

I saw that you wanted to know more about both universities, and I think that this website might be of value to you. http://feel.news/category/aston-university/ and here is a student story about the University of Sussex. http://feel.news/university-of-sussex-student-story/

Have a great day,
ecro
Reply 84
Original post by mariana_marquet

I also want to know the reason for this. While the ranking is up to #29 this year, there is a massive drop in subject table performance for Aston Business School.

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/aston/performance?s=Accounting+%26+Finance
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/aston/performance?s=Business+%26+Management+Studies
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/aston/performance?s=Marketing
Reply 85
I have chosen Aston as my firm choice to do biomedical science. I've been for open days and loved the campus. My offer was AB and D in science BTEC. I need to get a B in biology, but if i get a C in biology would they still accept me?
Is there an Astom Group chat?
Original post by hizzbani

We aren't running anything official in terms of a Whatsapp group, but our students' union have created a Freshers' Group for 2016/17 entry.*

https://www.facebook.com/groups/astonfreshers2016/

*Don't accept any imitations, if you spot any other groups please flag them up to me and we will get them shutdown.

Josh*
Original post by hizzbani

We aren't running anything official in terms of a Whatsapp group, but our students' union have created a Freshers' Group for 2016/17 entry.*

https://www.facebook.com/groups/astonfreshers2016/

*Don't accept any imitations, if you spot any other groups please flag them up to me and we will get them shutdown.

Josh*
Reply 89
Ensuite deluxe room available on Aston campus. 42 week license. Message for more details.
Original post by Aston University
Came to one of our open days? Applied to us through UCAS? Thinking about student life in Birmingham? This thread is for general discussion about Aston University. Below are some useful links for you:

Our Undergraduate courses, our on campus accommodation. Why student life in Birmingham is so great.

Follow our student bloggers and read about their experiences at Aston.

This thread is mainly for you to discuss with other potential students thinking about applying, if you have a question please post it here.

Josh

Hi Josh, I need help finding accommodation. Due to personal circumstances, my accommodation has to be on campus. I'm desperately looking for a flat otherwise I may have to back out of the university.

Please help.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 91
Is there anyone currently studying the Bsc in International Business and Economics?
I got an offer for international relations and French, I'm Italian and I have no idea how much a shared apartment could cost in Birmingham.. about 15 mins walking away from the university.
I saw that in other locations I would spent something like £250 pounds per month. Could cost the same ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, coming from Thailand. I'm 23, will be 24 applying for computer science. Anyone around my age? Looking for friends.
Original post by skoomafish
Hey, coming from Thailand. I'm 23, will be 24 applying for computer science. Anyone around my age? Looking for friends.

I'm 23 will be 24 in November and going to study international business management :smile:
Original post by LaurenceC
I'm 23 will be 24 in November and going to study international business management :smile:

I'm older than you by 5 months, Im 24 in July, nice to know another mid-twenties is going to university :smile:
Reply 96
I'm 23 on Tuesday, going to Aston for Psychology and Sociology. Hopefully there'll be plenty of mid-twenties going!
Reply 97
I have a concern 😂
How do i go about working in Birmingham if I plan on moving out (from Bradford) on a 43 week contract in the student accommodation? I mean I will need to work or else I'll be living off of a very small amount of money but how about when I need to go home as the accommodation contract is only 43 weeks. I don't want to spend an extra few hundred on a 51 week contract be sure I will want to go home too.
Any help/advice would be much appreciated!
I'm on a 43 week doing Pharmacy (MPharm) and I go home regularly to London (it only costs £4 on virgin trains), 51 week are for international students. You'll live very close to the city centre so you'll be fine in terms of finding jobs. I wouldn't go for the 51 week as it's a waste of money. You'll feel right at home Hadiqah as there's plenty of Asians round here :tongue:. Good luck!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 99
[QUOTE="hizzbani;70977156"]I'm on a 43 week doing Pharmacy (MPharm) and I go home regularly to London (it only costs £4 on virgin trains), 51 week are for international students. You'll live very close to the city centre so you'll be fine in terms of finding jobs. I wouldn't go for the 51 week as it's a waste of money. You'll feel right at home Hadiqah as there's plenty of Asians round here :tongue:. Good luck![/QUOTE

Thank you! What worries me is working through holidays as if I am going home regularly how do I go about with my workplace like for example if i find a job but want to go home for the Christmas holidays they won't put the job on hold for me if you get what i mean haha

Quick Reply

Latest