The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Freshers 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AbbieWilliams
Hi, I've applied to York for Law as well as my first choice - York interviews for law and the earliest they interview is December so I have no idea when we'll be updated but we won't be getting any offers from them until at least January. It's so annoying that the one I want the most will most likely be the one to offer/reject last!

I definitely think York may be my first choice now as I prefer their way of teaching opposed to the other unis with the pbl which sounds really cool! It's so annoying though as it's so nerve wracking having to wait especially as I have other offers. However, I looked on the York website and the questions look reasonable so I wouldn't worry too much
University of York
York
Original post by Grace Brown
Oh well done, congratulations! Yeh i found York a really nice atmosphere especially the college system and the community vibe. You definitely going to York then or are you going to wait to see where else you get offers from?

York will be firmed if I get an offer from them for sure.
Original post by Jemma_0897
I definitely think York may be my first choice now as I prefer their way of teaching opposed to the other unis with the pbl which sounds really cool! It's so annoying though as it's so nerve wracking having to wait especially as I have other offers. However, I looked on the York website and the questions look reasonable so I wouldn't worry too much

When did you send off your application? I got my confirmation that they received it a week ago today, let me know when they get back to you! I'm so nervous about hearing back with either a rejection or interview date!
When did you send off your application? I got my confirmation that they received it a week ago today, let me know when they get back to you! I'm so nervous about hearing back with either a rejection or interview date!

I sent off my application last Monday (19th Oct) and I got my email confirmation on the 20th; so about the same time as you! I will do and let me know too! :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by Alirna
Just got an offer for Chemistry for AAB, so happy as York is my first choice!!

I've got an unconditional for chemistry cause I'm on my gap year right now so I'll be starting next year as well yay! :h:
Original post by Jemma_0897
I sent off my application last Monday (19th Oct) and I got my email confirmation on the 20th; so about the same time as you! I will do and let me know too! :smile:

I just got an invite to an interview on 15th December! I'm so so happy!
I just got an invite to an interview on 15th December! I'm so so happy!

What subject? :smile:
Oh my god!! I've got an interview with York (I've applied for Law). What the hell am I meant to do now? How do I prepare? Has anybody got any experience with Law interviews at York uni? Help, I didn't even expect to get this far, so I want to do well once my interview comes!
Original post by Docjones1
What subject? :smile:

Law!

Original post by saule1116
Oh my god!! I've got an interview with York (I've applied for Law). What the hell am I meant to do now? How do I prepare? Has anybody got any experience with Law interviews at York uni? Help, I didn't even expect to get this far, so I want to do well once my interview comes!

I've got one too! Is yours morning of 15th December? https://www.york.ac.uk/law/undergraduate/interview/ this link might help us out.
Sent my application off on the 19th for History, here's hoping I hear from them soon!
Reply 50
Got a York offer! AAB for Psychology (BSc)!
Got my interview for York Law School yesterday :smile:

I've got one too! Is yours morning of 15th December? https://www.york.ac.uk/law/undergraduate/interview/ this link might help us out.

Haha! That's awesome! Unfortunately, mine's on December 8 in the afternoon :/
Thanks for the link, I already checked it out, but I'm still panicking. :biggrin:
Original post by LydiaIsaacs
Got my interview for York Law School yesterday :smile:

Same!!☺️ Congrats!!! What day is yours on?xx
Haha! That's awesome! Unfortunately, mine's on December 8 in the afternoon :/
Thanks for the link, I already checked it out, but I'm still panicking. :biggrin:

I've just got an offer for an interview for Law too on the 8th!!! So nervous! Congrats to you both!☺️
Original post by Megann_0104
I've just got an offer for an interview for Law too on the 8th!!! So nervous! Congrats to you both!☺️

Is your interview in afternoon? If so - we'll probably meet at some point during the day :biggrin:
Is your interview in afternoon? If so - we'll probably meet at some point during the day :biggrin:

Mine is in the afternoon at 12:15!! What about you?☺️Ohh yeah I'm sure we will- won't know anyone😂
Mine is in the afternoon at 12:15!! What about you?☺️Ohh yeah I'm sure we will- won't know anyone😂

Haha, mine's at the same time! And I won't know anyone either... But then again, I'm so friendly, I'll probably know most people by the end of the day :biggrin:
Haha, mine's at the same time! And I won't know anyone either... But then again, I'm so friendly, I'll probably know most people by the end of the day :biggrin:

Haha that's so ironic!!😂 The best way to be though, hope to meet a lot of people☺️
Haha that's so ironic!!😂 The best way to be though, hope to meet a lot of people☺️

Are you from York or do you have to travel to get to York?

Quick Reply

Latest