The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Freshers 2016

Meet and chat with other York offer holders, plus ask us any questions about what happens after you receive an offer.

You can also chat with other applicants and offer holders on our Facebook Page forum: http://bit.ly/chat2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I just received an offer from York for English! It's my first offer so far, how exciting :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by efleurs
I just received an offer from York for English! It's my first offer so far, how exciting :smile:

How long did it take for York to get back to you? I sent my application off a week ago and I'm still waiting to hear :-(.
Reply 3
Original post by meganwri
How long did it take for York to get back to you? I sent my application off a week ago and I'm still waiting to hear :-(.

My college sent my application off last Thursday and I received my offer Monday night. I hope you get yours soon!
Reply 4
Original post by efleurs
My college sent my application off last Thursday and I received my offer Monday night. I hope you get yours soon!

Ahh I see! I'm applying for English Lit & Philosophy joint honours, but I'm still waiting and I sent my application off last Tuesday. Thank you, I hope so too! Well done on getting yours :-) where else have you applied?
Reply 5
Ahh I see! I'm applying for English Lit & Philosophy joint honours, but I'm still waiting and I sent my application off last Tuesday. Thank you, I hope so too! Well done on getting yours :-) where else have you applied?

Thank you, I'm sure it won't be long now! That's such a great course. I've also applied to Cambridge, Durham, Edinburgh and King's College London (I've received an offer for there too). How about you? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by efleurs
Thank you, I'm sure it won't be long now! That's such a great course. I've also applied to Cambridge, Durham, Edinburgh and King's College London (I've received an offer for there too). How about you? :smile:

Oh wow, they are all amazing universities - good luck! I've applied to Bristol, Nottingham, Sheffield and Reading, but I haven't received offers from any of them yet...:frown:
I just applied to York yesterday- fingers crossed!
Offer from york for PPE!
Just got an offer from York for History and Politics! :biggrin:
Reply 10
Oh wow, they are all amazing universities - good luck! I've applied to Bristol, Nottingham, Sheffield and Reading, but I haven't received offers from any of them yet...:frown:

I'm sure you will soon, they're all such wonderful places! :smile: I think a lot of universities wait until after the January deadline or at least until more applications are in. I suppose it also depends on how competitive the subject is as to whether or not admissions have more individuals to consider at particular dates.
Original post by efleurs

I've received one too and it's also my first offer!
Anybody's got offers for law? I sent my application off more than a week ago and I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I know that with Law being a very competitive course, it will probably take longer than some other courses, I am just quite anxious and hoping to get at least 1 offer back sometime soon...
Received an offer for English from York yesterday! So exciting guys and congratulations to everyone here - to others stressing, try not to :suith:
Reply 14
In what circumstances do York give unconditional offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by owenj4
In what circumstances do York give unconditional offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there,

We only give unconditional offers to those who have already achieved their results and met the requirements for the course they are applying to. In some cases departments will give unconditional offers to those slightly below the requirements but these vary by department.

You can find out more about types of university offers on the UCAS website: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/types-offer

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,

Helen
Reply 16
Original post by University of York
Hi there,

We only give unconditional offers to those who have already achieved their results and met the requirements for the course they are applying to. In some cases departments will give unconditional offers to those slightly below the requirements but these vary by department.

You can find out more about types of university offers on the UCAS website: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/types-offer

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,

Helen

Ok thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied to York on the 15th for English - here's hoping for an offer soon :smile:
Reply 18
Got an offer today for Biomedical Sciences AAB :smile:
Original post by sr111
Got an offer today for Biomedical Sciences AAB :smile:

I got an offer too! Social and political science with philosophy, AAB

Quick Reply

Latest