The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE Bristol - official Q&As thread

Scroll to see replies

I will be studying radiography at UWE Bristol next September and I am wondering which would be better accomodation to live in the Gleenside campus or the hollies
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Original post by Racheldug
I will be studying radiography at UWE Bristol next September and I am wondering which would be better accomodation to live in the Gleenside campus or the hollies

Hi, they are both just a few minutes away from each other and Glenside Campus itself so equally suitable for where you will be studying.
Hiya, I am wishing to join/from a band at uni with similar music tastes to me...
1) How easy would it be to be in a band at uni?
2) Will I have enough time to commit to being in a band with my student life?
Original post by Student #11
Hiya, I am wishing to join/from a band at uni with similar music tastes to me...
1) How easy would it be to be in a band at uni?
2) Will I have enough time to commit to being in a band with my student life?

Hi, there are various student union societies where you will have an opportunity to meet people interested in forming a band with you.

https://www.thestudentsunion.co.uk/opportunities/societies/

How much time you can commit to being in a band is entirely down to the individual and course study requirements.
Hi i had an interview with uwe for radiography but unfortunately didn't progress to an offer... i was wondering if the foundation health pathway would come up in clearing could i apply again through this
Original post by strabane15
Hi i had an interview with uwe for radiography but unfortunately didn't progress to an offer... i was wondering if the foundation health pathway would come up in clearing could i apply again through this

Hi, unfortunately not, as that pathway is in process of being closed this week as it is full.
Hello,

I completed a HND in Computing this year and am considering enrolling at UWE in order to progress it to a degree in the 2017 intake. Specifically I am looking to join either the Information Technology Management for Business or the Software or the Systems Development for Business courses.

I'm having trouble finding any information online about how to apply as a HND student for these courses. Do you know if you could:

-link me to information about the process of making applications for these courses as a HND student?

-and generally is it possible for a HND student to enter these courses in their second year?
Original post by Thomas Stearns
Hello,

I completed a HND in Computing this year and am considering enrolling at UWE in order to progress it to a degree in the 2017 intake. Specifically I am looking to join either the Information Technology Management for Business or the Software or the Systems Development for Business courses.

I'm having trouble finding any information online about how to apply as a HND student for these courses. Do you know if you could:

-link me to information about the process of making applications for these courses as a HND student?

-and generally is it possible for a HND student to enter these courses in their second year?

Hi, this is the response from our admissions team:

It is possible for a HND studentto enter these courses in their second year however the content of the modulesstudied previously must be closely related to the content of modules of the UWEcourses. The applicant would also need to meet the criteria of a grade C orabove in GCSEs English and Maths. Please follow the links for furtherinformation on the courses:BSc (Hons) InformationTechnology Management for Business (ITMB) http://courses.uwe.ac.uk/GN52/2016 BSc (Hons) Software Engineeringfor Business http://courses.uwe.ac.uk/6F3B/2016.
Reply 68
Original post by Kay53
Hello.
I've recently received an offer for UWE to study forensic computing and security.
Has anyone else applied for this?
I'm also slightly nervous as if I go to UWE I will be moving away from my support system with my young son, does anyone know what the support from UWE is for student parents?
Thank you.

Hi, I'm going to be studying Forensic Computing and Security this year. I'm moving up to Bristol in private accommodation as soon as I can find somewhere.. I'm not keen on living in student halls as I'm 25!

I believe the support is fairly good as my friend has a little one, student finance cover most of the fees for daycare etc. Are you moving to Bristol soon?
Hello!

I am re-applying for university to start next year in 2017 as I am taking a gap year, and I am strongly set towards UWE. I was just wondering about accommodation. I plan on taking the Filmmaking course which is based at the Bower Ashton Campus, could you please tell me what the closest accommodation is to the campus? They all seem to be a bit of a drive away and I can't possibly afford to travel there and back!? Thanks!

Molly
Reply 70
Hi there,

I was wondering when applications start to be considered? i.e. When would portal login details be issued.

Kind regards
Original post by molzypop3
Hello!

I am re-applying for university to start next year in 2017 as I am taking a gap year, and I am strongly set towards UWE. I was just wondering about accommodation. I plan on taking the Filmmaking course which is based at the Bower Ashton Campus, could you please tell me what the closest accommodation is to the campus? They all seem to be a bit of a drive away and I can't possibly afford to travel there and back!? Thanks!

Molly

Hi, the closest accommodation to Bower Ashton Studios are all based in the centre of Bristol http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/students/accommodation/uweaccommodationoptions.aspx

The centre is around a 10 minute drive from the campus and a 25 minute walk.
Original post by lilyrake
Hi there,

I was wondering when applications start to be considered? i.e. When would portal login details be issued.

Kind regards

Hi,

It depends on which course you are applying to? If you speak to our admissions team they will be able give you more accurate dates - 01173283333
Hello I wanted to know about the pilot studies as it does not give the detail about the pilot studies, is a PPL license?

Key facttudy in the UK’s aerospace hub on a course developed alongside aerospace partners and accredited by the Royal Aeronautical Society. Learn how to fly on an intensive flying course in the US.
Reply 74
Hi! I have applied to the PGCE Primary course at UWE. I was just wondering whether it's possible to be placed in a school in Wales? Or would it have to be in England?

Hi guys,

It would be great if you could let me know, the class size for architecture and environmental engineering course and approximately how many students are there are at the moment?
Also, as it is a joint course can it be considered as a double major?
Thanks!
Reply 76
Hello,

I have been offered a place on the Adult Nursing course starting Feb 2017 which I am so thrilled about!! I know that placements are organised before hand, but if a student has something already booked during the placement period, is there a way of being able to have it off or arrange around it?

Thank you!
Reply 77
Hi, I have applied for Architecture (with foundation year) and have an offer. However, I want to set it as my insurance.
On results day, if I change my mind, can I decline my firm and accept UWE?
Original post by mj1g15
Hi! i've sent my application for 2nd year entry for psychology and criminology and still nervously waiting for an offer if the modules match up! I sent my application about 3 weeks ago, do you know roughly how long the process takes? Many thanks!

Hi,
I'm studying Psychology BSc at UWE and it was the last offer that I received, it's a large department so I'd assume thats why the offers take a while to come through. I got mine mid December last year!
Good Luck!
Reply 79
Original post by UWE Bristol
Hello everyone,

Welcome to University of West of England, AKA UWE Bristol official Question and Answer thread. We are happy to answer any questions about UWE Bristol, life in Bristol and student life. Feel free to ask us any question, whether you’re a current student, already applied or are thinking of applying to UWE Bristol. No matter the question, if we do not know the answer, we will find someone who does.

This thread will be monitored by Justin and Richard.

We are looking forward to your questions :h:

Justin

Hello,
i will be doing a foundation year and i would like to know how many days we have lectures and how many hours a day ? and what time does it start in the morning?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending