The Student Room Group

Training contracts 2018

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by dessine-moi
It just occurred to me that Freshfields' TC 2018 deadline is 6 Jan 2016, which is is the same as the VS 2016 deadline. Does this mean that it's either / or? i.e. if you've been rejected from the VS, you're automatically disqualified from the TC? Is it even worth it to apply to the TC again with an edited personal statement?

The TC applications do reopen between 1st June to 31st July, however, that's only for law penultimate year students and law graduates.
Reply 41
Hey everyone!

I've only just sent off my Linklaters application today even though the deadline is tomorrow. This won't negatively effect my chances will it?
Reply 42
Original post by CGSW
Hey everyone!

I've only just sent off my Linklaters application today even though the deadline is tomorrow. This won't negatively effect my chances will it?

Don't think it will cause the applications do reopen in May so I don't think they have come close to filling up all their places yet.
Reply 43
Hey everyone! I have a 'video interview' and further online tests to do for Simmons & Simmons! Anyone else in the same boat/been through this part of the process? The video interview seems a bit alien to me...

good luck with applications x
Reply 44
Original post by O'Doyle Rules
Has anyone done the video interview with Simmons & Simmons?

What sort of questions are asked?

I have to do mine this week and I am a bit nervous about what to expect! How did it go/how did you do? Hope it went well x
It wasn't too bad.

It was mostly competency with a commercial topic question.

I thought I did terribly but got an assessment centre
Reply 46
It wasn't too bad.

It was mostly competency with a commercial topic question.

I thought I did terribly but got an assessment centre

When did they reply if I may ask. I did mine end Dec and havent heard back yet. Getting anxious.
Original post by kaiteki
When did they reply if I may ask. I did mine end Dec and havent heard back yet. Getting anxious.

I did mine mid-December and got my AC invite around a week later.

The delay might be administrative
Reply 48
I did mine mid-December and got my AC invite around a week later.

The delay might be administrative

Probably,with all the holidays between. Come on! reply me!!
Interview with Slaughters in March, and just took Clifford Chance WG tests. :smile: Anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you?
Original post by camaieu
Interview with Slaughters in March, and just took Clifford Chance WG tests. :smile: Anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you?

A few days.

Got told I passed and they would be in touch in due course.
A few days.

Got told I passed and they would be in touch in due course.

Fabulous, thanks! All the best with your application :smile:
Reply 52
Links TC assessment centre - would hugely appreciate any tips if anyone could PM me! Could offer advice on other firm's processes too if I have any experience :smile:
Original post by camaieu

hi- how long did slaughters take to get back you? congrats btw!
Original post by tempussands
hi- how long did slaughters take to get back you? congrats btw!

Thank you! :smile: Just found out that I passed! Yippee!

I applied to Slaughters on the 28th of October, and got my invite to interview on the 20th November :smile:
Just offered TC from Travers following Winter Vac Scheme
PFO from NRF :frown:
Original post by camaieu
Thank you! :smile: Just found out that I passed! Yippee!

I applied to Slaughters on the 28th of October, and got my invite to interview on the 20th November :smile:

I also applied around that time and am still yet to hear anything... I emailed their grad recruitment people in December, as I have some other offers already that I needed to accept/reject, and they said they'd get back to me within a week, but that was almost a month ago! Not sure whether to take this is an implied rejection/not...
Reply 58
Hey,

With straight TC apps is it advisable to send them off as early as possible? Most places have their deadlines in the summer so I am assuming it's still early days? I have sent off a few but not as many as I would have liked to yet.
Original post by Hejmeddig
PFO from NRF :frown:

Sorry to hear that, can I ask was it for the direct tc and when did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest