The Student Room Group

Training contracts 2018

Scroll to see replies

Got an AC with Clifford Chance next week.

Anyone got any tips?
Reply 81
anyone with any advice for a simmons AC?
Original post by O'Doyle Rules

Anyone got any tips?

Hey, do you mind me asking if you're an undergrad or graduate? I'm just not sure if I should submit my CC application in this window or the next..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UniGradHopeful
Hey, do you mind me asking if you're an undergrad or graduate? I'm just not sure if I should submit my CC application in this window or the next..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Graduate of 2 years
Reply 84

Anyone got any tips?

I thought CC was non rolling?
Original post by Mowgli5
I thought CC was non rolling?

VC
Reply 86
VC

Ah, didn't realize. Makes sense!
Anyone heard anything from Simmons & Simmons post-AC?
Reply 88
Hi guys, how have you answered Q's like "Name one change you would make to X firm and explain why" without sounding arrogant/pompous?

Thanks
Original post by ahllb
Hi guys, how have you answered Q's like "Name one change you would make to X firm and explain why" without sounding arrogant/pompous?

Thanks

I find a good one tends to be opportunities for expansion.
Reply 90
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
I find a good one tends to be opportunities for expansion.

Expansion in terms of client base? Global law firms have expanded across each corner of the world, doesn't this make opportunities for expansion irrelevant?

Thanks!
Norton PFO :frown:
Original post by Mowgli5
Slaughter and May TC interview invite for 2018 intake

Hey I've got a Slaughters TC interview next week- any tips on what to expect? would v much appreciate knowing how you found it! PM me?thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anyone heard from Simmons & Simmons post-AC? I had one last week and was told we would hear back within two weeks but assume they would contact successful people asap?

Or am I panicking?
Applied to PwC Legal and Rosenblatt. Going to try and be more focused this time with applications to a single type of firm (London commercial/corporate) but still send off a bunch by the deadlines.
Ergh, another rejection from an AC..

I have made 6 TC applications and had/having 3 ACs out of them but can't get the offer.

Sometimes feel like giving up
Reply 96

I have made 6 TC applications and had/having 3 ACs out of them but can't get the offer.

I am in the EXACT same position! My last post AC PFO felt like a punch in the face, especially since I absolutely loved the firm and I walked out of there pretty certain I was going to get it. I actually feel beaten down since hearing from them.
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anyone else applied for BT Legal and heard anything post passing their Online Strengths Test?

You need to get feedback and work on whatever they say you can improve on. And if they don't tell you this right off, ask them directly what you could have done to perform better.

I was in the same position two years ago; I applied for two firms, had two ACs and got rejected from both. But I got my feedback and worked really hard to build on it and this time round things are going much better for me. Admittedly no offer as yet (but also no rejections), and I am feeling much more confident in myself. Don't give up - the hardest part is getting to AC and you're already there!
Reply 99
Has anyone heard from Simmons & Simmons post-AC? I had one last week and was told we would hear back within two weeks but assume they would contact successful people asap?

Or am I panicking?

Hey, they contacted me the next day after my AC to offer me a place on the vac scheme.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending