The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Bet you lot are regretting letting Cech go. Terry's comments that he could be worth 10-15 points coming good now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shame your strikers cost you just as many

Ah my bad, you won today, back to #AKB it is
Our board is spineless
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Shame your strikers cost you just as many

Ah my bad, you won today, back to #AKB it is

Please quote anything AKB I've said today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please quote anything AKB I've said today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't mean you specifically, but as a fanbase, things are looking all rosy again.

The nonce above you thinks you'll still be in the title race till May ffs
Didn't mean you specifically, but as a fanbase, things are looking all rosy again.

The nonce above you thinks you'll still be in the title race till May ffs

It was a must game win today and we did. Beat Leicester next weekend and we're two points off the top. Things ain't exactly all rosy but we're by no means dead and buried.

Whether we'll still be alive in May is a different story.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was a must game win today and we did. Beat Leicester next weekend and we're two points off the top. Things ain't exactly all rosy but we're by no means dead and buried.

Whether we'll still be alive in May is a different story.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And if you lose to Leicester?

Sad how they have a stronger mentality than any of your teams in the last decade.
And if you lose to Leicester?

Sad how they have a stronger mentality than any of your teams in the last decade.

If we lose then we're f*cked. Hopefully we'll produce a similar preformance to the one vs man city earlier this season.

It is quite sad. Put's the 'we can't compete with oil money' argument that a lot of our idiot fans use firmly to bed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skkc16
Hiddink seems more concerned about preserving his "unbeaten record" at Chelsea than actually taking risks and trying to win from the offset. It's sad

though i did like the positive substitutions he made.
You're subs actually made a difference.

Ours were pointless.
Original post by AntiBabylonista
Been thinking this for ages.

He really isn't a top 3 keeper of the future.

Martials save in the first half was the best of the match, he is min top 5. For me 3rd after N and DDG.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thought your play was too congested today, but it was ironic that's how you created the goal: straight down the middle.

Pedro coming on was obviously to provide you width, because you played too centrally before that and it didn't help United were using width so well.
Original post by Rk2k14
You're subs actually made a difference.

Ours were pointless.

You were clearly aiming to keep it at 1-0. Schneiderlin coming in was to shore up the midfield.

Depay coming in was to have a counter attacking threat as we were clearly pressing higher up.

Reality is that Chelsea with Fabregas at no.10 play like a midtable team while Chelsea with Fabregas deeper play like a team that realistically can challenge for the title.

Fair result the 1-1 draw.
We need to bring back Djilibodji #papy4happy
Anyway clear to see our manager is too much of a pussy to actually play a proper line up against stronger teams/away from home because he's too concerned with not losing.

Like Mou tried this three in midfield enough times to show it doesn't work(the entire point of Chelsea's play means Fabregas can't play AM for us anyway). He doesn't want to drop Mikel and he's under pressure to play Matic who's a key player while Fabregas post Xmas is undroppable. If Hiddink actually started with the proper setup Chelsea would have won.

Surely it's easier making our team play more attacking from the offset and force teams deep with Fabregas in the deeper position. Costa, Fabregas and Hazard are good enough breaking these deep teams when utilised correctly(i.e. not coming on 72nd min). Finally Oscar should either play central or not at all.

Don't give a damn if we make europa or not. Waste of time when we're almost guaranteed the PL title next season with no europe whatsoever. Just try to win CL this season and make top 10. If we are in the europa league because we win FA cup, fair enough but it's a waste of time that hinders our title chances. I think Chelsea should actually play the kids in europa league group stages.
(edited 8 years ago)
Allegri told to "think twice" about the Chelsea job by Juventus' president. You're clearly targeting him imho, because the rumours are becoming more and more prominent and I doubt there's nothing in them. Would you take him? Simeone would be ideal, but that won't happen.
Yeah said already that Allegri has shown by his Juventus days and how he kept a Milan side selling their best players season by season afloat(for the most part) that he's a good manager.

I think any manager of a club that sells Ibrahimovic, Nesta, Pirlo and Thiago Silva due to financial restrictions while also having to lower the age of an ageing squad left from Ancelotti should be given leeway. El Shawaary was also seriously injured in 13/14.

Plus he's shown himself to be very tactically versatile.
Reply 2896
https://twitter.com/borussia_en/status/696618477633806336

Christensen has done it again. He's Gladbach's player of the month. I think he's won it 3 times this season already? Has to be an indication that he's close to being ready to play for the first team.
Zouma's done his ACL and his season's over. Painful af injury, same as Courtois had at the start of the season actually, and Falcao/Torres/Essien/Owen in the past. Could be a real shame as his pace is a big part of his game.
Yeah it's a shame. Hopefully this means that we keep Christensen in the first team over the summer. Could potentially be a blessing in disguise if Zouma gets over his injuries and Christensen goes into the first team and proves himself to be a quality defender.

Maybe we shouldn't have let Papi go after all... Guess Ivan at CB's always an option.
Reply 2899
Original post by jam277
Yeah it's a shame. Hopefully this means that we keep Christensen in the first team over the summer. Could potentially be a blessing in disguise if Zouma gets over his injuries and Christensen goes into the first team and proves himself to be a quality defender.

Maybe we shouldn't have let Papi go after all... Guess Ivan at CB's always an option.

I guess this is where Miazga comes into play?

Latest