The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hazard seems to be getting his confidence back. Yesterday and against Bournemouth he was attempting things he'd do with ease every game last season but not this, although not with the same success mind. His dad said we were making him play injured, which Hiddink confirmed.

Thought Matic looked pretty good too.
Reply 3481
Original post by Nickini
Hazard seems to be getting his confidence back. Yesterday and against Bournemouth he was attempting things he'd do with ease every game last season but not this, although not with the same success mind. His dad said we were making him play injured, which Hiddink confirmed.

Thought Matic looked pretty good too.

It's great that we actually dropped him then. It's clear that he was undergoing a fitness issue for large parts of this season. I wonder how long was he playing injured? Obviously he was injured during the Leicester game but considering how light the actual fall was, he clearly had an issue earlier(or he needs to get checked by an osteologist). I believe Hazard will stay next season, unsure about the season afterwards but I think he has a lot to prove here and because of that will stay.
Strange to think Hazard is still only 25
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Look I doubt Hazard is being sold anyway so he'll have to play well next season in order to get his move if he truly wants the move. He's not going to play for a top club if he plays like he did this season next season.

Just needs to do well at the Euros? If Real Madrid fail to win La Liga or the Champions League, I expect they will clear out some players and then look to buy another big name to replace. How many more are there out there? Hazard is probably one they could force a transfer of considering Chelsea don't have CL football next season and Hazard doesn't seem too happy at the moment?
Reply 3484
Original post by Zerforax
Just needs to do well at the Euros? If Real Madrid fail to win La Liga or the Champions League, I expect they will clear out some players and then look to buy another big name to replace. How many more are there out there? Hazard is probably one they could force a transfer of considering Chelsea don't have CL football next season and Hazard doesn't seem too happy at the moment?

Yeah but considering Hiddinks comments the idea is that Hazard will not be sold next season. Considering he's the current manager he has probably spoken with the board about their ideas for next season and selling Hazard isn't part of the gameplan. He also has 4 years left on his contract so realistically after the end of next season that is only where his contractual situation becomes a semi problem if he doesn't renew so we may have to sell then.
Yeah but considering Hiddinks comments the idea is that Hazard will not be sold next season. Considering he's the current manager he has probably spoken with the board about their ideas for next season and selling Hazard isn't part of the gameplan. He also has 4 years left on his contract so realistically after the end of next season that is only where his contractual situation becomes a semi problem if he doesn't renew so we may have to sell then.

True and I guess with Chelsea not needing money (or caring about it per say) they are less likely to be forced into selling like Spurs had to with Bale. Just depends how much of a ***** Hazard decides to be. If he throws his toys out of the pram and effectively refuses to play, do you think it would force Chelsea's hand? Or would you just stick him on the bench until he sorts himself out?
Original post by Zerforax
True and I guess with Chelsea not needing money (or caring about it per say) they are less likely to be forced into selling like Spurs had to with Bale. Just depends how much of a ***** Hazard decides to be. If he throws his toys out of the pram and effectively refuses to play, do you think it would force Chelsea's hand? Or would you just stick him on the bench until he sorts himself out?

None of that is happening ffs. Why do people seem to think it will?
Original post by Jimmy Seville
None of that is happening ffs. Why do people seem to think it will?

Can you change your avatar please?
That rat makes me want to punch my screen.

Utterly detestable human being.
Original post by RhaegoTarg
Can you change your avatar please?
That rat makes me want to punch my screen.

Utterly detestable human being.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 3489
With Hazard staying (which seems most likely), and hopefully regaining his fitness, how do you think our next season will look? I mean with the team's performance ranging mainly from abysmal to mediocre, I am genuinely worried that our next season will be mediocre at best, and that we will not continue our reign as one of the best teams in England. However, I am hopeful that the new manager will be able to do some drastic changes and bring in new players (no more stupid signings pls), and instill a better winning mentality within the team. Tbh, I'm not very familiar with Conte and his style, but I'm gonna stay hopeful.
Nainggolan rumours hotting up. Thoughts?
Reply 3491
Original post by Mackay
Nainggolan rumours hotting up. Thoughts?

Yeah basically what we need. Supposedly we've already entered talks with Roma's sporting director according to the guardian.
Yeah basically what we need. Supposedly we've already entered talks with Roma's sporting director according to the guardian.

I read that, too. Supposedly, Roma are confident of keeping him - but it seems unlikely. You usually get what you want when you go calling.

Saw Pjanic has been linked, too.
Nainggolan is exactly the player we need, although without Europe any other incoming midfielder is most likely the nail in RLC's coffin. Solanke's pissed too because the club are retarded enough to offer £50-60k contracts to players like RLC/Chalobah and not him. Understand where he's coming from tbh.

Unbelievably ****ed off we're not renewing Terry's contract though, despite shipping two goals to Spurs our defence was the best it's been in months with him back. Watch us spend all summer chasing Bonucci/Stones and end up getting Djilobodji 2.0.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3494
Arsenal-esque
I'm honestly counting down the days until Hiddink gets the hell out of our club.
You *****
Courtois loves getting a touch on goals before they go in, doesn't he?
I thought the problem was Mourinho lads?
JT's played his last game for us. Board/club are a joke. To think the two men they hold responsible for this ****-show of a season are the two biggest Chelsea guys at the club.

W*nkers

Latest