The Student Room Group

Medicine with Foundation Durham 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Does anyone know if they ask to see your GCSE certificates because I have lost all of mine?!
Original post by Louloubelle
I am a current Medicine with Foundation student at Durham, just wanted to reassure you a little bit. I dont have a levels so it is possible to get in without them :-)

I wouldnt go into too much detail about your grandparents unless they ask why you didnt do this sooner (which is unlikely, its more 'why medicine' than 'why now':wink:

You can use the care home for your 'work experience' its more about showing commitment and caring than specific medical skills as you will be taught these in due course.

Hope this helps

Hi hope you don't mind me asking but what is the layout of the course like. I mean is it similar to the nurses degree 5 days in uni and 7 weeks off split throughout the year or is it different because it's a foundation year?

Hope this makes sense!

Just wondering what it'll be like
Original post by Cmhddk
Does anyone know if they ask to see your GCSE certificates because I have lost all of mine?!

Possibly as universities have asked for mine previously. it's a bit different with this course though as they don't specify grades.
Reply 23
Original post by Gemma1990x
Possibly as universities have asked for mine previously. it's a bit different with this course though as they don't specify grades.

Thank you! I suppose I will just have to wait and see, if they need them I'm sure i can contact school and find out how to obtain copies!
Reply 24
I actually never thought you could enter medical school with foundation though, cause there is this DIFC program at my school and not too sure if I should proceed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cmhddk
Thank you! I suppose I will just have to wait and see, if they need them I'm sure i can contact school and find out how to obtain copies!

When I've had to get mine before I had to go to the exams boards I sat my exam with eg edexcel or AQA and had to go on their websites and apply for my certificates that way.

No need to contact your school.
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anyone had an interview invite yet?
Reply 27
Original post by Coobysnax
Has anyone had an interview invite yet?

No! I just completed and sent my ucas 2 days ago!!
Sent my application today 😬
Reply 29
Sent my application today 😬

Go us! good luck!! :tongue:
Original post by Cmhddk
Go us! good luck!! :tongue:

Good luck to you too!
Reply 31
Good luck to you too!

Thanks! Can I ask where you are from? This thread doesn't seem as active as the ones I've read from previous years. Maybe it's early days yet!
I'm from Manchester.
I know it really isn't.
Have you applied for anywhere else?
Where are you from?
Reply 33
I'm from Manchester.
I know it really isn't.
Have you applied for anywhere else?
Where are you from?

I'm from Belfast! Far away!

No, just here. I don't have the formal qualifications to apply anywhere else :frown: so I'm hoping for the very best! what about you?
Original post by Cmhddk
I'm from Belfast! Far away!No, just here. I don't have the formal qualifications to apply anywhere else so I'm hoping for the very best! what about you?

Oh yeah you are far away.

I'm kind of in the same boost but I've applied for Liverpool and Bradford too but I think I've got the best chance with Durham.

Just hoping I at least get an interview don't want to get rejected straight away!
Reply 35
Oh yeah you are far away.

I'm kind of in the same boost but I've applied for Liverpool and Bradford too but I think I've got the best chance with Durham.

Just hoping I at least get an interview don't want to get rejected straight away!

I know tell me about it! Hoping for interview at least!

I only have GCSEs at the minute :/
Original post by Cmhddk
I know tell me about it! Hoping for interview at least!

I only have GCSEs at the minute :/

I've got a levels but didn't do great in them and it's been a while since I did them so hoping they'll let me in on my experience and enthusiasm.
Reply 37
I've got a levels but didn't do great in them and it's been a while since I did them so hoping they'll let me in on my experience and enthusiasm.

Haha I'm hoping them same!

I actually hadn't come across the foundation year at Liverpool! I guess I might as well add it on track, I have nothing to lose I suppose!
Original post by Cmhddk
Haha I'm hoping them same!

I actually hadn't come across the foundation year at Liverpool! I guess I might as well add it on track, I have nothing to lose I suppose!

No not at all, you've might as well!
Has anyone got an interview offer for this yet ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending