The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by michellem3
Hi guys

Just thought I would start a thread for this as I couldn't see one. I am a grad applying for the A100 course :smile:

what did you graduate from if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 2
Hi guys

Just thought I would start a thread for this as I couldn't see one. I am a grad applying for the A100 course :smile:

i wss waiting for tgis thread :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Nuna
what did you graduate from if you don't mind me asking?

Hi

I got a BSc (Hons) Psychology :smile: Didn't really like the degree but its gonna get me in to do what I want so can't complain :/
I'm applying Southampton for A100 :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by dancinglove
I'm applying Southampton for A100 :smile:

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

I'm not 100% sure what 'stats' are but I'll have a go :smile:

10A*s and 2As at GCSE
4As at AS (Biology, Chemistry, Maths, History)
A*A*A predictions (Biology, Chemistry, Maths)
762.5 on my UKCAT (VR 740, QR 880, AR 740, DA 690) and Band 1

You?
Current 4th year student at Southampton here. Fire any questions my way. Happy to help.
Reply 8
Original post by Neostigmine
Current 4th year student at Southampton here. Fire any questions my way. Happy to help.

Do they use only ukcat to shortlist candidates for interview ?
Do they look at PS before inviting to interview ?
What do you think this years ukcat cut off will be ?
is interview still.group interview followed by panel interview ?
Could you suggest any tips how to ace interview?
Thanks
Original post by anvar333
Do they use only ukcat to shortlist candidates for interview ?
Do they look at PS before inviting to interview ?
What do you think this years ukcat cut off will be ?
is interview still.group interview followed by panel interview ?
Could you suggest any tips how to ace interview?
Thanks

1. If you meet the minimum requirements for everything (GCSEs A Level predictions) then yes, they start from the best UKCAT score and work down.
2. No. They used to solely use PS but now they only use it to shape the interview.
3. Last year it was 2500, the year before 2800. Draw what you can from then.
4. It is a group interview and a panel interview (2 interviewers) but it can be either way round (ie it's not always group followed by panel, it can be panel followed by group).
5. Read your PS. Read your PS. Read your PS. Read the news. Read your PS. Write a list of things you want them to know about you before you finish the interview and then practice with generic interview questions getting each of these details in. I have loads of innterview advise, but tbh, wait and see if you get one before worrying about them!
1. If you meet the minimum requirements for everything (GCSEs A Level predictions) then yes, they start from the best UKCAT score and work down.
2. No. They used to solely use PS but now they only use it to shape the interview.
3. Last year it was 2500, the year before 2800. Draw what you can from then.
4. It is a group interview and a panel interview (2 interviewers) but it can be either way round (ie it's not always group followed by panel, it can be panel followed by group).
5. Read your PS. Read your PS. Read your PS. Read the news. Read your PS. Write a list of things you want them to know about you before you finish the interview and then practice with generic interview questions getting each of these details in. I have loads of innterview advise, but tbh, wait and see if you get one before worrying about them!

Thank you very much for your help then i will let you know if I get an interview ;D.

So the higher the UKCAT score, the earlier the interview invitation?

Hoping to get an interview with 3050 :biggrin:
Original post by dancinglove
So the higher the UKCAT score, the earlier the interview invitation?

Hoping to get an interview with 3050 :biggrin:

You'd think it would directly correlate and it often does, but not always haha. They know how many interview slots they have so they can be safe in the knowledge that they can invite the 100th best score first and still have enough inerview spaces for the person with the best at a later date.

That said, unless this year's scores are wildly different to the last 2 years, I'd expect you to be one of the first to hear. Well done. Very impressive!
Hi, I am a German applicant and my predicted grades meet the required grades for the German Abitur.

I got 2670 Band 2 in my UKCAT.
I have some work experience etc and I think my PS is quite good.

Is it worth applying?
Reply 14
Will the SJT subsection be used to shortlist candidates?
Also, do you think a ukcat of 695 is good enough to be invited for interview?
Original post by spymatiak
Hi, I am a German applicant and my predicted grades meet the required grades for the German Abitur.

I got 2670 Band 2 in my UKCAT.
I have some work experience etc and I think my PS is quite good.

Is it worth applying?

I'm not sure of how they use this info for BM(EU), sorry!

Original post by mc64
Will the SJT subsection be used to shortlist candidates?
Also, do you think a ukcat of 695 is good enough to be invited for interview?

Nope.
Last year the lowest interviewed was a total of 2500, the year before 2800. That's all the information we have I'm afraid!
Hi guys, may i know if getting a band 4 in sjt will definitely not be shortlisted by them? Thank you so much and i was wondering if other schools looka t sjt as well. is band 4 a straight no go for ALL schools? Thank you so much guys.
Original post by glennfenix
Hi guys, may i know if getting a band 4 in sjt will definitely not be shortlisted by them? Thank you so much and i was wondering if other schools looka t sjt as well. is band 4 a straight no go for ALL schools? Thank you so much guys.

We don't use the SJT at Southampton.
Hey! I've applied to Southampton as well! Hope my stats are good enough!
Reply 19
Original post by janicecwchow
when do you think Southampton would start giving out interview offers?

After they get our UKCAT scores, so after Tuesday. However, the first BM5 interviews are not until January, so they might not let us know until December.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest