The Student Room Group

can you do a level biology without gcse biology as a private candidate

i really need to find out. What i am trying to find out is can you do a level biology as a private candidate and the do biology gcse or something along does lines
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by fletcher101
i really need to find out. What i am trying to find out is can you do a level biology as a private candidate and the do biology gcse or something along does lines

Hi there

Ever since I was a young bloyce, I had dreams...dreams to be a doctor...dreams to be a nurse...dreams...to be man, alas, a hero was born going by the bloyce, wendy bloyce. I worked day and night, night and day, January and December, Monday and Friday to reach my dreams; dreams to be a doctor...dreams to be a nurse...dreams...to be man.
I didn't do gcse biology because they said I wasn't smart enough...I SHOWED THEM O.o.

I managed to convince them to let me do A LEVEL Biology through letter after letter, speech after speech...beg after beg. One day, there was knock at the door...guess who arrived? Noomoose...Mr Noomouse the Biology teacher who said he believd in me. My dad hated me. My mum tried to abort me. However, I fought for life and I worked all my life to get for this moment. I worked everyday for the whole of year 12. Every fibre in my body wanted that A...yes...I was aiming for an A. Results day came..13th August to be precise

I achieved a U :smile:
SO HAPPS RIGHT NOW
If you work hard enough, you CAN reach your dreams...just like me :smile:))) x
At my school, if you did double science and got two Bs, you can do biology A level. It doesn't matter if you do double or triple at most schools.
Reply 3
Original post by horsewithnoname
At my school, if you did double science and got two Bs, you can do biology A level. It doesn't matter if you do double or triple at most schools.

i did physics and chemistry singular got an a star in both but i missed my biology exam and i was wondering can i do a level biology without it
no wonder your parents tried abort you

Really?!?!? Can you get more horrible?
Thats a very bad idea
Reply 6
Original post by youarealiar
Hi there

Ever since I was a young bloyce, I had dreams...dreams to be a doctor...dreams to be a nurse...dreams...to be man, alas, a hero was born going by the bloyce, wendy bloyce. I worked day and night, night and day, January and December, Monday and Friday to reach my dreams; dreams to be a doctor...dreams to be a nurse...dreams...to be man.
I didn't do gcse biology because they said I wasn't smart enough...I SHOWED THEM O.o.

I managed to convince them to let me do A LEVEL Biology through letter after letter, speech after speech...beg after beg. One day, there was knock at the door...guess who arrived? Noomoose...Mr Noomouse the Biology teacher who said he believd in me. My dad hated me. My mum tried to abort me. However, I fought for life and I worked all my life to get for this moment. I worked everyday for the whole of year 12. Every fibre in my body wanted that A...yes...I was aiming for an A. Results day came..13th August to be precise

I achieved a U :smile:
SO HAPPS RIGHT NOW
If you work hard enough, you CAN reach your dreams...just like me :smile:))) x

10/10 for effort.
Reply 7
Original post by Jasminem97
Thats a very bad idea

why
Reply 8
Original post by horsewithnoname
Really?!?!? Can you get more horrible?

i wasnt talking to u
Reply 9

As a private candidate there are no restrictions on what you can take,.
Original post by Compost
As a private candidate there are no restrictions on what you can take,.

thank u very much
i wasnt talking to u

And? Just because you weren't talking to me doesn't mean I can't call you out on something. Imagine if someone said that to you, you wouldn't particularly like it, would you?

Quick Reply

Latest