The Student Room Group

Would you rather win the lottery or get the job of your dreams?

Poll

Would you rather win the lottery or get the job of your dreams?

Win the lottery and you don't work a stroke for the rest of your life. Job of your dreams, you get paid decent money, but nowhere near lottery levels. Which would it be?

Scroll to see replies

Job of my dreams :h:
Job of my dreams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Job of dreams!
The job of my dreams.

One: Money doesn't buy you happiness. But doing something I love as a career will make me happy.

Two: having all that money will make me lazy and a cucumber, I'd rather work for a living and do what I enjoy with a passion.

Three: People spend their lives trying to find a career they love, it's a lot easier to make money then to work for something you have a passion for.
win the lottery as my dream job would be to make art which i could do for fun if i had loads of money so it's a winwin situation
Lottery. No reason I can't do what I enjoy with all that money. Heck you can do the thing you love doing, without having to worry about how you're going to pay the bills.
Reply 7
Dream job, if I won the lottery I'd sit around all day and be bored out of my mind. If I had the job, then I would be advancing myself as a human, and every day would be like winning my own personal little lottery.
I would choose lottery if I still had the choice to be able to work. But if I had to take up instant retirement it is a much harder decision. Probably still taking the lotto money, just opens so many more possibilities
Job of my dreams c:
You're more likely to be murdered or go bankrupt if you win the lottery. So the job of my dreams. Whatever that is.
I don't have a dream job, so lottery I guess :h:
Lottery if the amount is high enough, then I can do whatever job I pleased.
The job because whilst you can definitely do interesting things with the money, I think I would need to have something to give me direction and purpose.
I also think it would be more exciting to get an amazing job than win the lottery because it would be an incredible achievement that would make me feel valued, the lottery is just getting (very!) lucky
My dream job is either a CEO of a £multi-billion hedge fund or a RAF pilot, these jobs require skill and knowledge so I would probably take the lottery (if it was £5million+) and invest in businesses, f**k working for other people!
Reply 16
Not gonna lie, lottery. If that seems shallow, consider a few things...

Many of my dream jobs involve money simply to get there. For example extensive training or a Masters degree so that I have the right level of education and experience. If I won the lottery I could be a millionaire AND be closer to achieving my dream job.

Many of my dream jobs are also based on how much money I would earn. For example, working with animals, or books, or children, would all be lovely jobs, except I have to work out how I would earn money doing those things. If I wont the lottery I could have my REAL dream job, even a ****ty paid job, because I wouldn't have the worry of what salary I'd be getting.

In short, I would win the lottery, be a millionaire, move somewhere lovely, and probably translate novels freelance with absolutely no worry over how much work I get or how well it pays because I have no financial worries and it is fun.

Alas :'( :'(
If I won the lottery though I would still work hard to get the job of my dreams (and if anything, it would help achieve it). So yeah, probably lottery.
Lottery - then I could help my family a lot more than I ever could with the dream job and I would be OK sitting around all day doing nothing or travelling here and there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lottery of course are you kidding me

Quick Reply

Latest