The Student Room Group

Don't know which uni to apply to?

Hi, I am pretty much finished with all my ucas stuff apart from I need one more uni to apply to. I am studying BA Geography and I'm applying to Manchester, York, Lancaster and Leeds but need a fifth option. At GCSE I got A*A*A*AAABBC and at as level I got AABC. The two A's were 90% so were pretty high. I'm thinking of Durham but I don't think I stand a chance. Can someone help? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by georgias98
Hi, I am pretty much finished with all my ucas stuff apart from I need one more uni to apply to. I am studying BA Geography and I'm applying to Manchester, York, Lancaster and Leeds but need a fifth option. At GCSE I got A*A*A*AAABBC and at as level I got AABC. The two A's were 90% so were pretty high. I'm thinking of Durham but I don't think I stand a chance. Can someone help? Thanks

Definitely apply to Durham. Admittedly I can't guarantee you'll get an offer, but you'll definitely get the others (my friends with worse grades than you got geog offers from those places) so it's worth having an aspirational one. Try to make sure that you're predicted A*'s in the subjects you got 90% UMS in as well
My best advice to you, is too forget the notion that the uni's you need to apply too are the "Prestigious" ones, it doesn't mean **** when it comes down to it.... Pick the ones you like the most.

Pick one that's above your expectations, 3 that are at your predicted grades and two under, this hopefully gives you a wide span of offers.

Hope that helps..
Reply 3
Original post by anonlad
Definitely apply to Durham. Admittedly I can't guarantee you'll get an offer, but you'll definitely get the others (my friends with worse grades than you got geog offers from those places) so it's worth having an aspirational one. Try to make sure that you're predicted A*'s in the subjects you got 90% UMS in as well

Thank you! Means a lot :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending