AS
a - in eng lit
b in psychology and economics
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 41
Original post by Save.Me
Good luck! With your grades, I'm sure you'll definitely get an offer from QM, at least :smile:

Thank you, you too :smile:
Reply 42
Applying for medicine.

So I just sat my UKCAT, got an average of 675.
VR - 560
QR - 770
AR - 710
DA - 660
SJ - Band 3
I planned on applying to Cardiff and Barts/QMUL as my UKCAT Universities.
My stats are 8 A*s and 1 A at GCSE
AAAB at AS (Phys, chemistry, bio, maths respectively)
Predicted 3 A*s.
Personal statement is quite strong.

Do I stand a chance of getting an interview? If not, any alternative universities which would be more likely to consider me?
Reply 43
Applying for Law LLB
AS:AAAB
A2 Predictions:A*AA
GCSE: 3 A's 4 B's 1C (Don't know whether or not this will be detrimental)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by ibs11
Applying for medicine.

So I just sat my UKCAT, got an average of 675.
VR - 560
QR - 770
AR - 710
DA - 660
SJ - Band 3
I planned on applying to Cardiff and Barts/QMUL as my UKCAT Universities.
My stats are 8 A*s and 1 A at GCSE
AAAB at AS (Phys, chemistry, bio, maths respectively)
Predicted 3 A*s.
Personal statement is quite strong.

Do I stand a chance of getting an interview? If not, any alternative universities which would be more likely to consider me?

I'll admit that Med isn't my area of expertise but my friend applying for Dentistry told me that they rely a lot upon UKCAT, which you seem to have scored highly in. I think you would have a chance.

Original post by GOKU27
Applying for Law LLB
AS:AAAB
A2 Predictions:A*AA
GCSE: 3 A's 4 B's 1C (Don't know whether or not this will be detrimental)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm your GCSEs seem fine to me, and your AS grades and predictions are very strong. Do QMUL take the LNAT?
Reply 45
Anybody recieved a confirmation yet? All 4 other universities have gotten back to me, just waiting on QMUL :frown:
Hey Im apply for History and Film as joint honours degree, anyone else??
Reply 47
Original post by elizagos123
Hey Im apply for History and Film as joint honours degree, anyone else??

I'm applying for a History joint honours but not film! I haven't really heard of that combo, where else are you applying?
ahh cool cool, Southampton, Sussex, Liverpool and Glasgow :-) wbu? I'm worried about living in london though:/ love the uni and the course
Reply 49
Original post by antigone-
I'll admit that Med isn't my area of expertise but my friend applying for Dentistry told me that they rely a lot upon UKCAT, which you seem to have scored highly in. I think you would have a chance.

Hmm your GCSEs seem fine to me, and your AS grades and predictions are very strong. Do QMUL take the LNAT?

Queen Mary do not use the LNAT. But I'm gonna have to take it anyway for KCL
Reply 50
Original post by GOKU27
Queen Mary do not use the LNAT. But I'm gonna have to take it anyway for KCL

I can't see the harm in giving it a go! Good luck, have you sat it? If not, when are you sitting it?
Reply 51
ahh cool cool, Southampton, Sussex, Liverpool and Glasgow :-) wbu? I'm worried about living in london though:/ love the uni and the course

Whereabouts are you from? London is great (I live there) but I'll admit that QMUL isn't exactly in the nicest part.. Very diverse and interesting though! :smile:

Oxford, LSE, York and Essex for me
Hi,

Applying for Biomedical Science

AS:BDEE (history,maths,bio and chem)
A2 Predictions: AAB or ABB
GCSEs: 3A* 5A 2B 2C

Do you think that because of my AS I wouldn't get any offers
Applying too: 2 courses at Cardiff, Exeter, Bristol(UWE) and Queen Mary
Reply 53
Original post by RSSM09
Hi,

Applying for Biomedical Science

AS:BDEE (history,maths,bio and chem)
A2 Predictions: AAB or ABB
GCSEs: 3A* 5A 2B 2C

Do you think that because of my AS I wouldn't get any offers
Applying too: 2 courses at Cardiff, Exeter, Bristol(UWE) and Queen Mary

Your AS grades are weaker than the average applicant, but that isn't a problem so much. Were your E grades in Bio and Chem? If so, this may be a problem.
Two courses at Cardiff? Which courses?
(edited 8 years ago)
Were your E grades in Bio and Chem? If so, this may be a problem.
Two courses at Cardiff? Which courses?

Yes bio and chem :frown:, I was predicted an AB in both subjects at AS, but then I don't know what happened, my teachers do know I am capable of better, but I dropped chemistry after. My PS is really strong too.

Biomedical science (standard route) and then biomed (physiology route) at Cardiff
Reply 55
Original post by RSSM09
Yes bio and chem :frown:, I was predicted an AB in both subjects at AS, but then I don't know what happened, my teachers do know I am capable of better, but I dropped chemistry after. My PS is really strong too.

Biomedical science (standard route) and then biomed (physiology route) at Cardiff

I assume you're retaking? It's worth giving it a go for sure, but you might be safer applying after you achieved your A2 grades.

Is applying for two courses the best route? It seems risky to me, how can you show dedication to one side of biomed if you're applying to both?

Either way - good luck! Your predictions make up for it so I wouldn't be so concerned
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 56
I can't see the harm in giving it a go! Good luck, have you sat it? If not, when are you sitting it?

My LNAT is in December, hopefully I get over 26. I did a practice paper with half the time and got 22.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whereabouts are you from? London is great (I live there) but I'll admit that QMUL isn't exactly in the nicest part.. Very diverse and interesting though! :smile:

Oxford, LSE, York and Essex for me

Wow, sounds great! I live in Preston? near Manchester. So London is huge and wow. But I love the uni, my only qualm is 2nd year residential prices and making friends in such a large city!
Reply 58
Wow, sounds great! I live in Preston? near Manchester. So London is huge and wow. But I love the uni, my only qualm is 2nd year residential prices and making friends in such a large city!

You'll be absolutely fine, dw :smile:
Course: English
AS Grades: AABB
Predicted Grades: A*AA (plus an A in AS-Level Creative Writing)
GCSEs: 4A*s, 2As, 3Bs, 2Cs
Other unis: Oxford, Edinburgh, Cardiff, and Royal Holloway

:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending