The Student Room Group

Do I stand a chane if I appeal? Had to drop out due to health problems.

I am reasonably well now, both physically and mentally. Unfortunately, when I was at Uni, my physical health deteriorated. I was in and out of hospital for recurring pneumonia, seizures, other problems with my lungs (COPD), fainting/ being malnourished from being underweight, Bell's Palsy, head injuries which I think gave me memory problems (e.g I really do not remember much of 12-13, for example I found out I had a CAT scan), and I shamefully, a few suicide attempts... (I was struggling to deal with my lung problems, PTSD from abusive boyfriend that gave me head injuries, eating disorder, depression and anxiety.)

Until I got ill, my grades were pretty good. I never got to hand in my second year work, as I was in and out of hospital. I really thought I wasn't going to make it, my key worker said the same thing. I've only recently felt well again, after months/ years of weekly visits to the doc and therapy. I've still got COPD which is horrible, but I haven't been in hospital for a few months now.

It would mean the world to me if I could just get my second years work marked, so I can obtain credits and possibly finish it via Open Uni. Do I stand a chance of appealing and making this happen? Or is it simply too late?
(edited 8 years ago)
Apeal, they may even let you finish your course at your uni, like do the course at home and come in for presentations.
I know people who were out of uni (for different reasons) and got to do this.

Quick Reply

Latest