The Student Room Group

Business Studies AS level help

I need help on how to structure my answer. I know there is 4 points (DEFINE, ADVANTAGE FOR ARGUMENT, DISADVANTAGE FOR ARGUMENT, CONCLUSION) but the advantage and disadvantage is broken down again to THEORY, CONTEXT, AND ANALYSIS (Broken down to HOW and WHY)

What i struggle on the most is the analysis (how and why). Can someone help me?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by claudiamendes
I need help on how to structure my answer. I know there is 4 points (DEFINE, ADVANTAGE FOR ARGUMENT, DISADVANTAGE FOR ARGUMENT, CONCLUSION) but the advantage and disadvantage is broken down again to THEORY, CONTEXT, AND ANALYSIS (Broken down to HOW and WHY)

Hi there,
You may find it useful to use PAnEL to write your answers. This simply means Point, Analysis, Evidence, Link back to the question. As for the conclusion, you may benefit from using AIM, which means Address the question, It depends on..., Most importantly...

Think of analysis like stepping stones. You make your point and then talk about the impact that may have. Keep going until you can't ask yourself "why" any more. An example of this could be:

A bank loan is advantageous for a business as it gives the firm a large injection of cash (Point) which then can be used to fund investments such as expansion. This could lead to the business generating more sales, which then could lead to higher levels of profits (given that expenses do not increase by the same amount). This would likely please shareholders as higher profits generally means a higher return, which may then encourage them to invest further into the firm, thus repeating the cycle. On the other hand, loans can be counter-productive for a firm due to interest. This could in fact weaken the firm's cash flow decision meaning that it cannot meet it's day-to-day expenses and therefore may anger suppliers, meaning that the business loses its source of raw materials, thus leading to lower sales. Therefore, a business would have to forecast its sales, expenses and profit in a budget so that managers can decide whether this is the best course of action (Analysis).
Original post by claudiamendes
N

State point, sentence to explain theory, apply my working out/ manipulating data and use this means that and other linking phrases to explain data and theory and how this cause which the theory usually shows has an effect. Classic is if like operations or about motivation (unit 2) how it leads to more profits for example. If unit 1 state how the market research type may hinder their potential cash flow or other forecasting causing problems.
Original post by Charlie0105
State point, sentence to explain theory, apply my working out/ manipulating data and use this means that and other linking phrases to explain data and theory and how this cause which the theory usually shows has an effect. Classic is if like operations or about motivation (unit 2) how it leads to more profits for example. If unit 1 state how the market research type may hinder their potential cash flow or other forecasting causing problems.

Or just simply explain with a chain of sentences the effect of ur point all the way to outcome so ur argument can be easily followed which equals good so top mark analysis. Read mark schemes, examiner reports and check out tutor 2u also for further advice. My credentials 177/200 A grade student now studying it at a2 level for AQA. Good application leads to decent analysis as go hand in hand
Original post by Promethus
Hi there,
You may find it useful to use PAnEL to write your answers. This simply means Point, Analysis, Evidence, Link back to the question. As for the conclusion, you may benefit from using AIM, which means Address the question, It depends on..., Most importantly...

Think of analysis like stepping stones. You make your point and then talk about the impact that may have. Keep going until you can't ask yourself "why" any more. An example of this could be:

A bank loan is advantageous for a business as it gives the firm a large injection of cash (Point) which then can be used to fund investments such as expansion. This could lead to the business generating more sales, which then could lead to higher levels of profits (given that expenses do not increase by the same amount). This would likely please shareholders as higher profits generally means a higher return, which may then encourage them to invest further into the firm, thus repeating the cycle. On the other hand, loans can be counter-productive for a firm due to interest. This could in fact weaken the firm's cash flow decision meaning that it cannot meet it's day-to-day expenses and therefore may anger suppliers, meaning that the business loses its source of raw materials, thus leading to lower sales. Therefore, a business would have to forecast its sales, expenses and profit in a budget so that managers can decide whether this is the best course of action (Analysis).

Then use time to evaluate with a this depends on after each paragraph. ALWAYS GO DOWN ON ONE SIDE WITH A THIS DEPENDS ON AT THE END!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending