The Student Room Group

Apple Store jobs

I've got a group interview for the new Glasgow Apple Store this week and I was wondering if anyone on here is either has a job in one of the stores or has had an interview. I just wanted to get a rough idea what to expect (it's for the Creative position).

I usually wear a suit for interviews but given that it's Apple, and it's not really a "suit job", I probably won't bother, unless any of you guys have done said interview and can advise otherwise (also, when I had an interview for a major record label last year, the creative director interviewing me was wearing a beenie hat; I had my suit on and felt like a tool). Also, if anyone has any suggestions for what they're looking for, anything would be appreciated. Cheers.
Reply 1
In interviews like this I'd always prefer to turn up overdressed than underdressed.

I'd go with the suit with a sleek shirt/tie, then you can just whip the jacket off when you get there if you think it's too much.

Good Luck!
Reply 2
If you're overdressed you can always turn it around, make a joke out of it and show that have a good sense of humour and can laugh at yourself. If you're underdressed you can't.
Reply 3
Thanks guys. I ended up buying some reasonably trendy (but cheap) clothes at the last minute, although I wore my suit jacket with them. Turned out to be a good idea, there was only one suited guy at the interview and the other two guys looked pretty scruffy (the two Apple people were kind of casual/trendy). Strangely they were all bald dudes in their 40s, none of whom were creative industries graduates, I'm interested as to what the other interview group was like. Anyway, should hear back on Monday.

Latest

Trending

Trending