The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
gooner1592
OCR are quite strict though - that's why my teachers call OCR the A-Level exam board, and AQA the GCSE exam board. A little useless piece of information, but who cares?:p:

Exactly, I'm not exactly sure how AQA mark GCSE orals; but 2/5 of the total mark (20 marks out of 50 to put it into perspective) with OCR is for quality of language, and that's at GCSE. Granted, you can get a fair few points from just using the conditional, future, perfect, perfect infinitives and so on, it's still a fairly large proportion of your mark- and I assume it's a similar case at A level too.
Reply 21
wesetters
I always wondered why my teachers said AQA wasn't respected for A level French.

Well, i didn't want to say it, but AQA French does seem to be a lot more lenient at A-Level than other exam boards.:rolleyes:
Reply 22
kftjkp
But for AQA it is not a grammar test...only 5 marks are for grammar and to get five doesn't need accurate use of advanced idiom, so I think that it is best to err on the side of caution. Having heard some of the exemplar tapes of A grade student' orals some of their conversations are as bland and repetitive as that.

AQA allocate 5% of A-Level marks to the "Knowledge of Grammar" side of the unit 6 oral - the actual number of marks is 20 (A03) :smile:

Simon
Reply 23
Oh yeah, and another thing that AQA do (what slack-offs) - they allowed us to conjugate the past tense wrongly, as long as the past participle is correct, we can have the wrong auxiliary or none at all!
Reply 24
gooner1592
Oh yeah, and another thing that AQA do (what slack-offs) - they allowed us to conjugate the past tense wrongly, as long as the past participle is correct, we can have the wrong auxiliary or none at all!

Is this just in the oral? Either way, ahh I wish we were with AQA instead of OCR. :p:
Reply 25
suuuuuuseh
Is this just in the oral? Either way, ahh I wish we were with AQA instead of OCR. :p:

Yeah, just the oral, and I suppose being with AQA is much better when you're actually a GCSE student, but looking back now, no wonder I got an A*:p:
Reply 26
I'm with Edexcel for French. They're not lenient at all. Wish I was with AQA now! AQA is always easier!
Reply 27
Same - but I never knew that they were easier - darn my college!!
Reply 28
wesetters
Ha, I know...at GCSE, I got All As in my AQA exams, all Bs in my OCR exams and all Cs in my Edexcel exams :p:

Balls. :p: And your sig, Will :rofl:
Reply 29
wesetters
What about it ?

Nothing.. :angel:
Reply 30
wesetters
^o)

Is it when you're going to London?
Reply 31
wesetters
Oh, that. Nope, I'm going to Turin for a night :smile: