The Student Room Group

Posts breaking UK law policy

Scroll to see replies

Waiting for response to tehforums post, dont get mindlessly upset that an idiot is making threats towards you all, but then support disgracefully, a scam, for a lot of young and gullible students who use this site a lot.
The sad little kid who posted them is probably wetting himself in his bedroom now.
Original post by welcometoib
Waiting for response to tehforums post, dont get mindlessly upset that an idiot is making threats towards you all, but then support disgracefully, a scam, for a lot of young and gullible students who use this site a lot.

Yes, because supporting a loan company with dubious ethical credentials is clearly the equivalent of death threats...
Original post by Hydeman
Yes, because supporting a loan company with dubious ethical credentials is clearly the equivalent of death threats...

No one said it was.
Original post by tehforum
No one said it was.

The implication was rather clear, I think.

Supporting a scam does not take away from the seriousness of death threats, whichever way you wanna look at it.
Original post by Hydeman
The implication was rather clear, I think.

think you need to learn how to read mate, ill give you another chance though before putting words in my mouth lol.
I haven't a clue what's happened but it's quite sad that people would think to stoop so low to harass others on here.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
I haven't a clue what's happened but it's quite sad that people would think to stoop so low to harass others on here.

Some guy made threads saying he was going to bomb certain individuals and groups. He then went on to make silly threads saying **** mods/members etc.

Also, wussup girl.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by littlenorthernlass
The sad, overweight, middle-aged man who posted them is probably ******* himself silly in his basement now.

Fixed that for you.
think you need to learn how to read mate, ill give you another chance though before putting words in my mouth lol.

And I think that you need to learn how to read and use punctuation, mate.

You belittled the seriousness of the death threats and used TSR's support of an unethical loan company to justify it. Perhaps proofreading might be of some use before hitting 'submit reply' next time.
Original post by So Instinct
Some guy made threads saying he was going to bomb certain individuals and groups. He then went on to make silly threads saying **** mods/members etc.

Also, wussup girl.

Was it a new user or one of the regular trolls?

Bit extreme like :/
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
And I think that you need to learn how to read and use punctuation, mate.

You belittled the seriousness of the death threats and used TSR's support of an unethical loan company to justify it. Perhaps proofreading might be of some use before hitting 'submit reply' next time.

ohh, tetchy, didnt realise we had such passionate spokespeople for moderators on tsr now
Original post by So Instinct

Also, wussup girl.

..:erm: I bet it was a member who created a new account to mask their identity. I'm pretty sure TSR can track down IPs of users, it's just some of the nonsense on here isn't worth the hassle (I'm on about when people ask to get other members IP banned). In this case though, it is necessary.

Also, hi!!! Why didn't you reply to my pm :puppyeyes:
(edited 8 years ago)
Was it that angryjobseeker guy whodunit, by the way?
I wonder if it was the same person that made those spam threads earlier on...
I wouldn't be surprised if it was an angry job seeker...
Original post by thecatwithnohat
..:erm: I bet it was a member who created a new account to mask their identity. I'm pretty sure TSR can track down IPs of users, it's just some of the nonsense on here isn't worth the hassle (I'm on about when people ask to get other members IP banned). In this case though, it is necessary.

Also, hi!!! Why didn't you reply to my pm :puppyeyes:

They can't.
Original post by SophieSmall
Was it a new user or one of the regular trolls?

Bit extreme like :/

Not sure if he's a regular troll but it was a new account with a familiar name. So assuming it was a regular. Angryjobseeker30 was the name.
Kids say/do dumb ****, nothing new there and troll like behaviour will always push the boundaries in attempt to stay funny/hold shock value. He clearly doesn't understand the calibre of the words that come out of his mouth, so to speak.

Funny because I made a joke about how he can't make these jokes in today's society and he's going to get a swift knock on his door from law enforcement :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
I can understand people circumventing bans to continue to use the site in a genuine manner, but to sign back up with the only intention of threatening employees and volunteers is beyond pathetic. I don't understand what someone could hope to achieve by doing such a thing.
They can't.

If they can't directly, I'm sure there are other processes that will help to identify the individual who is responsible.
They can't.

They definitely can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending