The Student Room Group

Is it better to look slim and fit or look younger?

What is worse for a female looking slim/athletic but older OR looking overweight but younger. I get told i look over 10 years older when i lose weight and get fit.
They all look the same from the back
If you have a bit of weight in your face you'll naturally look younger.
Whichever way you look prettiest, choose that one. Some people look so much nicer with some weight on them. :smile:

Also, who told you you look ten years older?!
I look slim/fit and young so I get the best of both worlds :rofl: (except for when I still get asked for ID :grumble:, then it's a real pain in the backside)

I guess the thing with being overweight is that you perhaps look more plump in the face, and youthful? But it doesn't mean you definitely won't look older.
Reply 4
Slim + fit always.
Slim and fit biut they actually have to be fit, not just skinny fat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They go hand in hand. If you take care of yourself then you'll automatically look younger.
Reply 7
Original post by Most Competitive
They go hand in hand. If you take care of yourself then you'll automatically look younger.

Not in reality as I look much older in the face when I'm slim like now people think I'm in my mid to late 30's. Yet I'm fit, run and lift weights a lot. My family say I look a lot older because I've lost weight and my friends say 'quite a bit older' lol.
Original post by Anonymous
Not in reality as I look much older in the face when I'm slim like now people think I'm in my mid to late 30's. Yet I'm fit, run and lift weights a lot. My family say I look a lot older because I've lost weight and my friends say 'quite a bit older' lol.

In that case, your diet is likely to be the problem. It's very important to get all the nutrients that you need, that too in the correct quantities. You should also drink lots of water (personally I have 3L a day).
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending