The Student Room Group

She either dislikes me or just not bothered?

right so there is a woman who I have known for a long time. She confuses me greatly. She is kind of shy but It seems depending on what situation. With me she often comes across a quite cold, ignores me Somedays like I don't exist. She seems to go quieter when I'm around now, and seems to say little to nothing at all. She will rarely look me in the eyes, when I turn to look at her or she talks to me she'll most of the time talk facing me but almost look at something else. She also sometimes appears nervous, like she will avoid walking past me sometimes, she will see me coming and quickly speed up to avoid walking past me, also when passing me something she will quickly walk upto me then quickly walk away. She never really initiates any kind of conversation and when in a group she has started to make fun of me in front of everyone! like make a joke about me or something? I was talking to her along with another girl she had no problem looking at the girl but the whole time she looked at her and totally ignored me like I wasn't there, holding her hand on her neck the whole time. When I was having a conversation and I was making fun of myself as a joke I tried to get her to join in but she just sat there with a massive grin on her face and staring at something lol. When the other girl mentioned above is around when iam around she seems to become even more quiet, this I don't understand. Somedays I feel she really dislikes me and then others im not so sure, what do you think?
I don't quite know but I think and let me emphasis on the THINK that she may like you. Like ignoring you when you come, make fun of you and look nervous around you only seems to me that she likes you I mean if she didn't why does she ignore you and look nervous around you (unless you did something bad to her which doesn't seem like it :smile: so she has no reason to dislike you) and she is probably being cold , 1. to pretend that she doesn't like you when its the opposite 2. to act as if she doesn't care about you (look cool...i guess) --> you know like those people who make fun of you only cuz they like you (happens a lot in primary school)
But its a 50/50 chance she'll say 'Yes' to you if you ask her out as she may say no because she still wants to pretend that she doesn't like you to show her friends or just that her family doesn't allow it or maybe cuz she doesn't like u or she might say yes and acted cold only because she was too shy to express her feelings, or just didn't know how to express love to the one she likes

But who am I to say, I'm not her so the only way to find out if she likes you or not is you know what... :wink: hahahaha jk just go at your own speed mate... YOLO~
When you say you've known her a long time, is that like you've been good friends for a long time. The not looking at you, appearing nervous and putting her hand on her neck is a pretty big shy girl giveaway. She way not be into you, a) if you're weird and too friendly, maybe you look like a potato or something she's probs avoiding you, she probably thinks that if she's nice to you, you'll automatically fancy her. b) if you've been friends a while or maybe you're a great person she may like you but 1. might not feel good enough for you or 2. be scared of falling for you, i know i've felt both of those for different people. If you are the sincere friend type its probs 2, and if you're cool or good looking or popular or whatever its probably 1.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
I've known her long time yes, but we are not friends. She is older than me which is why I don't think she would 'like' me.
Original post by Anonymous
I've known her long time yes, but we are not friends. She is older than me which is why I don't think she would 'like' me.

How much older? If you want to be with her maybe just try the friendship stage first and see if you actually like her as a person
Reply 5
Original post by shoot_the_moon
How much older? If you want to be with her maybe just try the friendship stage first and see if you actually like her as a person

6 -7 yrs older. i like her as a person, always have. our personalities are very similar. in fact i do similar thi.gs she does to me, to her
hmm 6-7 years is quite a lot, maybe just befriend her and if she's ok with the age gap she'll fall for you. Sound like everything else is good
Reply 7
yeah thats why i think she just dislikes me
Reply 8
Original post by shoot_the_moon
hmm 6-7 years is quite a lot, maybe just befriend her and if she's ok with the age gap she'll fall for you. Sound like everything else is good

shes been a bit different recently and i dont know whether she sees me as a little boy as opposed to a guy she might find attractive? i had a new jacket she said she had to wait around to see it so she just stood there whilst i put it on. i put it on sat down and she just came out with in front of everyone 'aww, awwwwww' and then walked off.
she also sometimes when were in a group she will make little jokes about me, to which everyone laughs. the thing is there's another guy also who she laughs at and he also makes fun of me sometimes, he also has a wife but could she just be trying to impress him? othertimes she's shy in fact most of the time she barely looks in the eyes but somedays she appears more confident than others.
do you think she just sees me as a nice ypunger guy with her behaviour above and recently? especially the aww thing just makes me think she doesnt see me the way i want her to see me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending