The Student Room Group

Why do I feel like I have no friends?

Don't know If it's just me but do you feel constantly alone? I have no girlfriend and feel like nobody wants to talk to me or make an effort to really. I dont have anyone special to call my own like a best friend or girlfriend. Could be trying to hard or does such a thing exist anymore?
Yeah I feel like this too. I used to have a few friends but we sort of drifted apart as they became interested in things which I didn't care for. I have a best friend, although I don't see her very often. I'm on a gap year now as well so I pretty much stay at home by myself everyday, which doesn't really help I guess. It doesn't really bother me too much though, I much prefer to be alone than surrounded by people :h:
Reply 2
Oh right, see i hate not having any friends at all. It really bugs me as i want somebody to actually give a damn. I have a job and i go to sixth form so its not like i dont see people but..
I guess you'll have to learn to love your own company.

I know what you mean about the job though; I work as a waitress in different venues with different people so there are always new faces, there are only a few who manage to ask me for my number of me asking for theirs.

Perhaps looks for local social gatherings, or societies that you could join that has people you'll probably be able to go to?

I know it's bad if you force it, but perhaps try making some small talk with people in your sixth form, and when you get chatting about things other than work, perhaps ask them whether you could sit with them during lunch or whether they'd like to chill during your free period??
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by adz3691
Oh right, see i hate not having any friends at all. It really bugs me as i want somebody to actually give a damn. I have a job and i go to sixth form so its not like i dont see people but..

I'll be your friend if you want :h:

I agree with thecatwithnohat, chatting to people in college and joining some societies is a good way to get to know more people and potentially make some friends :smile:
Reply 5
This is why you go to student room! Yeah I guess, I mean I go explorers but I sometime miss in order to do schoolwork. You guys are right though, thanks for the advice :smile:
Reply 6
And of course we can be friends haha
Yeh I don't have a girlfriend when everyone I know is loved up and in relationships. My best friend lives 300 miles away and my only close friend who lives in the same city as me I never get to see. I know they care but there's only so much a distance friend can do to help, it can never replace actually seeing them in person.

Most people I went to uni with moved away and never bothered to keep in touch. It's been months since anyone made the effort and texted/messaged me first. I've had no social life what so ever in months and it just makes me feel awful. I'm terrible at making new friends and I don't know where i'd start.

It just feels like if I disappeared, nobody's life would be affected at all.
Original post by adz3691
Don't know If it's just me but do you feel constantly alone? I have no girlfriend and feel like nobody wants to talk to me or make an effort to really. I dont have anyone special to call my own like a best friend or girlfriend. Could be trying to hard or does such a thing exist anymore?

It's definitely not just you, a lot of people feel this way, now a days people are growing up faster and the internet distracts them, they think they're some hot **** coz they have followers but don't get sucked into the illusion. Life is good, dream of the future and don't look back, be a whole person, you don't need someone to complete you, just wait for the lucky day when someone picks you. By 'wait' i mean make yourself the person you want to be and people will want you for who you are without you trying to change yourself for them. Be the best you you can be and get a puppy. My dog just died and i've always been single so i personally am also struggling with the lonely feels but stay strong bro (i'm a girl but i can call you bro, right?) Strong doesn't mean you don't want love though, it just means you try your best to keep going and progressing
Reply 9
I feel you. It's upsetting that your friend is so far away and that your having troubles with a social life. I guess we are all in the same boat eh aha
Reply 10
That is my situation exactly.. i just broke up with my girlfriend who i have been with for a few years now and i cant seem to make friends. I thought it was just me and that i would have to change but do you know what, your right !
Original post by adz3691

i feel the same

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending