The Student Room Group

Seeing people doing A Level is the worst thing ever, from a BTEC Student.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Snakebite
thank you to all i would rep but run out lol

Giving anyone in this thread rep isn't going to help you. The best thing you can do is go away from this forum, think about what you really want in life and what you're passionate about, write it down and explain it to your parents and then make the required changes needed to put that plan into action. Stop wasting time wondering what could be and actually go and do it otherwise by the time you wake up and realise what you want to do and what you want from life, most of it will have already passed you by. And no, a BTEC is most certainly not going to hold you back. Only you are going to do that.
Reply 21
Original post by welshieee
Giving anyone in this thread rep isn't going to help you. The best thing you can do is go away from this forum, think about what you really want in life and what you're passionate about, write it down and explain it to your parents and then make the required changes needed to put that plan into action. Stop wasting time wondering what could be and actually go and do it otherwise by the time you wake up and realise what you want to do and what you want from life, most of it will have already passed you by. And no, a BTEC is most certainly not going to hold you back. Only you are going to do that.

Could I still get into perhaps Engineering if I did BTEC IT, I understand that now Biology won't be an option
Reply 22
Could I still get into perhaps Engineering if I did BTEC IT, I understand that now Biology won't be an option

You do not need Biology for Engineering.

You should first try improving your GCSE grades this year. Take your exams in May/June. Talk to a teacher about it and convince her you want to get a better grade in Maths.

Possibly if you take on A Level Maths as well. I got onto Computer Science and then switched to a course within the same department that allowed me more freedom on module choices. Seriously, you are worrying over nothing. A BTEC in IT has never held me back at all.

Quick Reply

Latest