The Student Room Group

Do guys like deep girls who care about things

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KommunistCake
*sigh*, if only...

You'll find someone to go with :yep:
Original post by shoot_the_moon
I only know a handful of guys who you can have proper convo's with but they live far away and don't go to my college so its pretty annoying :/
life is hard but pancakes definitely make it better

I have one guy friend who I could talk to endlessly about anything. Then a couple of others who I can have decent conversations with irl, but they're kind of dead over text. Ah well, I can always talk to myself I suppose.
Original post by ILovePancakes
I have one guy friend who I could talk to endlessly about anything. Then a couple of others who I can have decent conversations with irl, but they're kind of dead over text. Ah well, I can always talk to myself I suppose.

I don't think i could relate to this more
Original post by aamirac
You'll find someone to go with :yep:

I certainly hope so :/
Girls who love the environment, want world peace, like talking about science and the world and stuff. Do any standard guys (not famous intellectuals) out there actually like girls like this or are these guys destined to only exist in the books of writers like John Green and such?

You'll find lots of those girls at beauty pageants.
Original post by Profesh
We're all indoors, on TSR. Sorry.

Gosh darn it, come out into the world

Everyone needs someone who'll go to the zoo/ aquarium with them
A guy taking me to a museum, art gallery or exhibition would be hot. It'd be profound. But I'd only like it if he had a genuine interest and wasn't only doing it for me because I'm a neek and like that kind of thing. Also, it would be weird if it was early on because at that point he probs wouldn't know I enjoy spending my time looking at old things and so it'd seem like it was exclusively to impress me.

Obvs going out and getting pissed afterwards is a must :P. Would be a perfect date. Fgs why aren't guys who exist in real life prepared to do things like this :frown:

See why are you assuming the guy won't like that stuff too?

I like to mix it up. Like if you're in a new city, go pub- culture thing- pub- culture thing- pub, etc. It's a good way to compromise between different people's interests.
Original post by JoshDawg
You'll find lots of those girls at beauty pageants.

Those girls are imitations of the real thing honey :tongue:

I know so :colondollar:
Original post by Mankytoes

I like to mix it up. Like if you're in a new city, go pub- culture thing- pub- culture thing- pub, etc. It's a good way to compromise between different people's interests.

Sounds like a good strategy

Because I've never met anyone (be they a guy or a girl) who doesn't make fun of me (more often than not endearingly, not in a mean way), when I express that sort of interest.

And if you're in a city you already know?
Reply 92
"deep" girls?
Girls who love the environment, want world peace, like talking about science and the world and stuff. Do any standard guys (not famous intellectuals) out there actually like girls like this or are these guys destined to only exist in the books of writers like John Green and such?

Depends on what you consider as standard i would imagine :tongue:.
Personally i just tend not to talk to people who don't have anything more to say than talking about how good that night out was two weeks ago. It just gets boring, so yes, intelligent girls are very attractive. Though its not even intelligence as someone could be intelligent but still un-interested in such things. I guess its just an innate curiosity combined with an interest in the world around them.
Because I've never met anyone (be they a guy or a girl) who doesn't make fun of me (more often than not endearingly, not in a mean way), when I express that sort of interest.

And if you're in a city you already know?

Yeah, I get that too, someone at work the other day was like "oh, if you get in a conversation with him he'll always bring up some deep stuff", it's not like I mention Aristotle every sentance, I just have interests beyond X Factor or whatever.

Well I always enjoy a wander, all cities have a nice area, bit of an old town, find a couple of nice pubs/cafes if there aren't any attractions we want to see.
Yeah, I get that too, someone at work the other day was like "oh, if you get in a conversation with him he'll always bring up some deep stuff", it's not like I mention Aristotle every sentance, I just have interests beyond X Factor or whatever.

Well I always enjoy a wander, all cities have a nice area, bit of an old town, find a couple of nice pubs/cafes if there aren't any attractions we want to see.

I love that :tongue:

You gotta find your own sacred place in town where you can retreat to

People ask me if I'm high when I say things they consider deep, or laugh at me idek. Apparently it's one of my quirks. Lmao I don't even watch the x factor :undefined:afraid. I tend to avoid that kind of conversation with people now tbh. I just think them out to myself. I probs sound so weird here fml, but oh well.. the joys of anonymity. I find myself spending a lot of time doing absolutely nothing at work, which is when I ponder the big questions. People are too much effort. Although I find that when people are drunk they're more willing to enter discussion, but then I'm less capable :frown:

That sounds perfect tbh. If only my friends weren't so bloody lazy.
I love that :tongue:

You gotta find your own sacred place in town where you can retreat to

Yeah, I always find you can find some cool places just by going just off the main track.

People ask me if I'm high when I say things they consider deep, or laugh at me idek. Apparently it's one of my quirks. Lmao I don't even watch the x factor :afraid:. I tend to avoid that kind of conversation with people now tbh. I just think them out to myself. I probs sound so weird here fml, but oh well.. the joys of anonymity. I find myself spending a lot of time doing absolutely nothing at work, which is when I ponder the big questions. People are too much effort. Although I find that when people are drunk they're more willing to enter discussion, but then I'm less capable :frown:

That sounds perfect tbh. If only my friends weren't so bloody lazy.

Ha, to be fair I've had some amazing deep conversations when high. Well, they're probably really complete *******s, but at the time they feel amazing, just smoke up and look at some basic philosophical questions...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending