The Student Room Group

Psychology University Students...

So I am doing psychology at AS now and I am REALLY interested and super passionate about it. I would really like to take it at university, and then do a law conversion course.

If you are a psychology student, please could you tell me, either here or by message.

- what you took at AS and what grades you got (if that's ok)
- where you study/studied at
- how difficult you found psychology
- if you would recommend it as a course
- what kind of jobs it helps towards (except for psychologist xD)
It really helps in being a lawyer
Original post by Flozzie543
So I am doing psychology at AS now and I am REALLY interested and super passionate about it. I would really like to take it at university, and then do a law conversion course.

If you are a psychology student, please could you tell me, either here or by message.

- what you took at AS and what grades you got (if that's ok)
- where you study/studied at
- how difficult you found psychology
- if you would recommend it as a course
- what kind of jobs it helps towards (except for psychologist xD)

I have just started my second year of a joint honours psychology course.

I did sociology/psychology/English lit & lang combined/RS at A2 and got A*AAA.

Only did one unit of psychology last year but have to do three this year. I enjoy the psychology aspects of my course.

The other side of my course is speech pathology (speech and language therapy) - when I finish I will be a qualified speech therapist but will also have an accredited psychology degree. May consider further study at a later date in a psychology field (maybe educational psychology).

I am sure there are lots of things you could do with a psychology degree - personally wouldn't do a law conversion but I have no interest in working in that area,
1. Psychology A*, Sociology A*, Maths (stats) B, Art B and Critical Thinking B
2. studied Social Psychology at Loughborough uni
3. Found the course pretty easy, the course load wasn't high and there wasn't a huge amount of Maths/Bio on my course. I took modules from other courses a lot as I often didn't feel challenged enough. There were some fantastic modules though.
4. My course - Yes, lots of scope to explore other subjects/courses in the electives, option of placement, some really good lecturers. Psychology in general - think carefully if you don't actually want to end up in a psychology focussed job as it is not looked on particularly favourably for general grad schemes and so on.
5. Don't know as I've stayed within the Psychology aspect, current work with SEN kids (Teaching assistant) and do research on the side. I know a lot of people go into teaching other jobs I've seen people in are HR or recruitment or marketing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending