The Student Room Group

Who gets in relationships?

Is it only the good looking people? Obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

But here's the thing, I'm not going to lie, I'm a guy who's on the bigger side. I'm not fat, but im big....er.. And I've never been in a relationship. And I really want to be. I have a really good personality, and am comfortable with meeting and making new friends.... Even have a charm with making girls laugh. But that's it. Nothing more.

Now I've heard two 'solutions' to this.
1) "hit the gym man! Get fit and you'll have girls crowding around you like there's no tomorrow"

2) there someone out there for everyone, and sooner or later you'll find someone who will like you for who you are"

Which one is true? Do I have to get fit?
Is that how it works? It can't be. It's not like everyone who's in a relationship is attractive.

Help!
Reply 1
You said it yourself. Both are true but its your choice.
My advice is if you feel uncomfortable with how you are now then do something about it.
If your overweight then running is simpler,easier,quicker and more effective than just going to the gym. You'll be more athletic, more comfortable with your choice and you're more likely to attract girls.
I think especially when you're young girls care about body/looks.

Edit: Also what worked for me recently was learning to play guitar. You put a picture of you holding or playing one on social media and you get an insane number of messages from girls. Personally i don't like girls that like me because of gimmicks but if that doesn't bother you then it takes a month or two to really play anything but really its weird the way it works.
You basically want to give them a reason to want to be associated with you so find that thing
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
honestly, it's not about the way you look AT ALL. It's all about the confidence, and the way you woo the woman. Obviously there are shallow women, and there are shallow men. The most important thing you have to remember is that a relationship isn't something you can force or just jump into. It's something that builds over time. If you're lonely and want a bit of company, then there are things you can do. Go to bars, get tinder, approach women. If you're not too bothered about getting turned down these are great ways. Women like you to be direct, and to the point. If you meet a women and ask her name, ask where shes from or whatever then just say something like "Hey, you seem like a really nice girl. can i get your number? and maybe we can hangout more sometime".
Reply 3
Dont get tinder that's terrible advice

But do take the advice on making moves
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by NEZZAR
Dont get tinder that's terrible advice

But do take the advice on making moves

tinder is great advice!

Get match, ask to meet, bash & dash.

Simple really.

Quick Reply