The Student Room Group

GCSE results recount :(

Hi I'm In Year 11 Now And Summer Just Gone I Took 2 Exams And The Other Subject Was A BTEC. I Took English Literature, Catering And BTEC Dance. I Got The Following Grades
-English Literature= B
-Catering= C
-BTEC Dance= Merit(B)
In Catering I Got A C However When I Went Back To My Catering Teacher At The Beginginng Of This Year To Find Out How Many Marks I Was Off A B it Was 2 Marks. My Teacher Has Asked For A Recount Because She Said They Normally Give 1/2 Marks But Im Scared Now That I Might Get Marked Down AnyBody Had Any Recounts Before?

Thanks Leave Comments Below Or Any Tips :smile:
You shouldn't be remarked down an entire grade unless a marker has truly messed up somewhere, if you were getting C/B in mocks/class then it is unlikely you would go down to a D or worse. You may get the extra marks, but you grade is very unlikely to get worse.
Reply 2
Original post by Jackster45
You shouldn't be remarked down an entire grade unless a marker has truly messed up somewhere, if you were getting C/B in mocks/class then it is unlikely you would go down to a D or worse. You may get the extra marks, but you grade is very unlikely to get worse.

Thank You :smile:
Original post by Elleee1234
Hi I'm In Year 11 Now And Summer Just Gone I Took 2 Exams And The Other Subject Was A BTEC. I Took English Literature, Catering And BTEC Dance. I Got The Following Grades
-English Literature= B
-Catering= C
-BTEC Dance= Merit(B)
In Catering I Got A C However When I Went Back To My Catering Teacher At The Beginginng Of This Year To Find Out How Many Marks I Was Off A B it Was 2 Marks. My Teacher Has Asked For A Recount Because She Said They Normally Give 1/2 Marks But Im Scared Now That I Might Get Marked Down AnyBody Had Any Recounts Before?

Thanks Leave Comments Below Or Any Tips :smile:

Remarks very rarely result in an increase in the actual grade awarded.

Also, why you are you writing like that? :s-smilie: Capitalising the first letter of every word isn't necessary.
Reply 4
Original post by Hydeman
Remarks very rarely result in an increase in the actual grade awarded.

Also, why you are you writing like that? :s-smilie: Capitalising the first letter of every word isn't necessary.

Oh Wont Be Getting A B Then And I Dont Know Its Just How Type I Know Its Bad ;/
Reply 5
cAPTAIN cAPITAL sTRIKES oNCE mORE
Oh Wont Be Getting A B Then And I Dont Know Its Just How Type I Know Its Bad ;/

Things won't change until you try. :smile: I used to write my '2' in a really odd way when I was a kid and the only reason my teachers stopped complaining about it was because I just made a conscious effort to change over to the usual way of writing it.

Get it remarked anyway if you think it went better and you can afford it. At least you won't think 'what if' later on, although I think the deadline for remarks has already passed.
Reply 7
I'm so I'm so happy it got remarked and it was remarked to a B
I'm so I'm so happy it got remarked and it was remarked to a B

Well done! Your grade should have been that originally without all the extra effort :P

Quick Reply

Latest