The Student Room Group

is she interested or not?

I've just started college and started talking to a girl from my school who id never spoken to before, I'm not sure whether she might like me like that or just being nice. she's started talking to me quite a lot and actually makes an effort to talk to me an stuff like everyday she asks if I've had breakfast (its silly but its like an ongoing joke) because she "likes checking up on me" (jokingly i think) then theres like whenever we see each other she proper smiles at me, just little things like that. ask how i am, just take interest basically. started calling me by my full name too i don't know whether this is sort of flirty or? i was sat next to her at dinner an i got my phone out an she said "are you texting ..." i wasn't texting anyone, the girl she asked if i was texting she knows i really dislike an have 0 contact with her at all, was she trying to be sort of jealous or flirty or just to talk to me? i don't even know, just loads of little things add up to me asking, is she interested? i was walking beside her the other day and my god it felt so right to be next to her and close to her like imagine if she felt the same 😍😍😍she's absolutely stunning and she's such a nice girl you have no idea, she's always laughing at things i say an making me smile. omg I'm going mental 😂she also has mentioned relationships to me saying when will it happen to her, i just think she means it jokingly an she's just being nice but oh well. any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I've just started college and started talking to a girl from my school who id never spoken to before, I'm not sure whether she might like me like that or just being nice. she's started talking to me quite a lot and actually makes an effort to talk to me an stuff like everyday she asks if I've had breakfast (its silly but its like an ongoing joke) because she "likes checking up on me" (jokingly i think) then theres like whenever we see each other she proper smiles at me, just little things like that. ask how i am, just take interest basically. started calling me by my full name too i don't know whether this is sort of flirty or? i was sat next to her at dinner an i got my phone out an she said "are you texting ..." i wasn't texting anyone, the girl she asked if i was texting she knows i really dislike an have 0 contact with her at all, was she trying to be sort of jealous or flirty or just to talk to me? i don't even know, just loads of little things add up to me asking, is she interested? i was walking beside her the other day and my god it felt so right to be next to her and close to her like imagine if she felt the same 😍😍😍she's absolutely stunning and she's such a nice girl you have no idea, she's always laughing at things i say an making me smile. omg I'm going mental 😂she also has mentioned relationships to me saying when will it happen to her, i just think she means it jokingly an she's just being nice but oh well. any advice?

The bit in bold doesn't sound flirty to me. She suggested the name of someone she knew you disliked -- sounds like she was trying to make a joke. Or just starting a conversation (especially since you were taking your phone out, can give the impression you're getting bored).

To be honest OP, it's hard to tell. She sounds like a good friend and maybe she is into you, maybe she isn't. 99% of my friends are guys and most of the stuff you mentioned I also do with them, but I'm not interested in them in that way. If she's excessively touchy (like always touching your arm and stuff) then that could be a tell-tale sign.

It's hard to give advice since it's always tough when you fall for a friend, especially if they don't feel the same way and the friendship ends up getting messed up. You could try flirting back and see how she takes it (ask her if there's anyone she likes at the minute?)
Reply 2
not flirty just trying to find out more, your probably right to be honest i don't even know. its just weird a girl like her sort of making an effort to speak to someone like me. i don't think she would like anyone at the minute she doesn't really speak to any boys i don't think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending