The Student Room Group

Spider is living in my wing mirror! Help!!!

A spider has recently moved into the right side mirror of my car (so right by the drivers side) and I can't get it out. I drive an old Nissan micra, and can't seem to get the mirror off itself to evacuate the spider by myself.

I took my car for a wash the other day, and have regularly been destroying its webs, but the stubborn bugger comes out from behind the mirror and creates a new one each time. I have no idea how it survived the car wash.

I'm not a great fan of spiders, and the last one I had moved into my car and crawled over my arm whilst I was driving. I had to hoover him out (yes, I am scared of them)

How the hell do I get this spider out of my right wing mirror before it takes over my car?!

The other day it popped out whilst I was driving and it really freaks me out!!!
Blast with hosepipe / pressure washer.

automatic carwashes with the giant spinning rollers are going to do jack
If it survived a fukin car wash don't kill it. That guy is a trooper. He's earnt his right to stay
Original post by BestWingmanEver
If it survived a fukin car wash don't kill it. That guy is a trooper. He's earnt his right to stay

hahahaha unreal post
Reply 4
just pop the glass off and sweep it out.

easy 2 minute job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUcpzHx2ZR0
Reply 5
dont hate spiders...
Reply 6
Set the car on fire
It's not that big a deal. I don't like spiders either, but Barry has been living in my wing mirror for absolutely ages. I've kind of got used to him.
Reply 8
There's a spider living in the front bumper of my Daimler.
It's been there for 14 months. I'm not even sure it's the same spider come to think of it?
Fumigate the car.
Then nuke it to be sure
Spiders live in every wing mirror. I've got one in each.

Why's it such a big deal anyway? He just wants a free ride...
Reply 11
spray the mirror with insect killer
Original post by carpetguy
Fumigate the car.
Then nuke it to be sure

Suggestions that don't involve blowing my car up, it may be a micra but it is my baby still.

And to all those who think it's not a big deal, it's hairy and orange!! It's only so long until he tries to move into the actual car. The other one did that, they plan these things I swear
Reply 13
Everyone knows the common wing mirror spider is impervious to everything you do to remove it. Even if you do get rid of it, its offspring will appear and be out for revenge. I would just sell the car, its the only way!
Original post by mcgreevy1993
Suggestions that don't involve blowing my car up, it may be a micra but it is my baby still.

And to all those who think it's not a big deal, it's hairy and orange!! It's only so long until he tries to move into the actual car. The other one did that, they plan these things I swear

Yes, spiders are cold and calculating macro micro-creatures of mischief and evil. Hence the precautious 'nuke'.
Original post by dhr90
Everyone knows the common wing mirror spider is impervious to everything you do to remove it. Even if you do get rid of it, its offspring will appear and be out for revenge. I would just sell the car, its the only way!

Wait, they lay eggs in my car too?!?
This is really not cool I hate spiders
You could make some spider repellent with a bit of peppermint oil if it's bothering you so much, for some reason spiders don't like peppermint so it'll probably move out.

[video="youtube;zZRLQ5hi87U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZRLQ5hi87U[/video]
Original post by mcgreevy1993
Wait, they lay eggs in my car too?!?
This is really not cool I hate spiders

Yup, except they need a mate. And orange spiders are male so its got a female friend in there with him.
The ladies are huuuuge btw.
leave him. he will bring you luck.

Quick Reply

Latest