The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why is it always the husband who is rich and the wife who is hot?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ILovePancakes
You clearly haven't watched Gossip Girl. #lilyandrufus

I really wish I hadn't gotten that reference. Gotta love having a girlfriend.

#Iswearit'smygirlfriend'sfaultIwatchedGossipGirl
I once watched a TV show, where jobs and pay 'gaps' were discussed. The MC walked about, describing jobs, and asked ppl to stand - if he was describing a job they had once held: "You can be called at any time of the day or night. You must respond immediately, and have NO idea when you will be returning - it could be days or weeks later" [emergency repair teams - power or communications], or "you are subject to physical attack - with weapons - at any time. People doing your job have been killed occasionally doing it" [jail guards, police..], "you live at an isolated location, there are 40 staff, sharing bathroom & living facilities, including 20 bunks. You work 12 hrs on, 12 hrs off. [oil well drilling teams on platform out in the ocean]. Nearly ALL the people who claimed these jobs were male. But THESE are the 'high paying' jobs. Cheers.

In many cases, [IMHO], females make better surgeons [smaller hands, more patience, defter touch], unless it is orthopedic surgery. I read a book once [The making of a woman surgeon], which related the trials of woman who tried to become an orthopedic surgeon. She finally gave up, saying that no woman has the brute physical strength to do the job, and that few men have it either - only those who played football in undergraduate college. Cheers.
Original post by zigglr
Whenever I see a rich couple, 99% of the time the husband is the one who has made all the money and the wife who is there as the hot trophy wife. Why is it never the other way around?

I think this explanation covers the most of important factors that are involved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKYsf1A42O4

Latest

Trending

Trending