The Student Room Group

Foundation art

I have been researching foundation art courses and have focused particularly on Falmouth School of art, Central Saint Martins and Camberwell College of art. I have just discovered however that you can only apply to one of the UAL foundation courses (CSM or Camberwell). Does anybody have any suggestions on where else I can look that has a one year art foundation that needs direct entry? also which art college is best out of the three I have mentioned.
Lots of my friends just studied thier foundation course in my hometown at the local institute. One friend went onto Slade from there to do her degree. I also have a friend who got into CSM to do her foundation and hated it! Thats not to say you will but I wouldnt stress too much about where you do the foundation course. If you have natural talent and work hard enough, you will get into one of the top universities when you do your degree! Saying that, Falmouth is rated really highly and If you don't like city life I feel that would be a good option, Cornwall is lovely! It is another year living away from home (i'm assuming you would have to move away to these places for the foundation?) on top of your uni fees so that might be something to bare in mind. You seem like a highly motivated and ambitious person, so wherever you get in i'm sure you will do well! Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest