The Student Room Group

what profession could society not survive without ???

as the question states what profession could society not live with out. i.e. if tomorrow there were no more _____ and they were gone Forever. you couldn't evolve anymore of this profession.. not from books , not from evolution ....poof...gone.
let me start this off, i say doctors. if there were no more doctors humans couldn't exist..well ,okay maybe for a few months. answer the question and answer it stating why your profession was vital for survival. go

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think every job serves its own purpose.
Reply 2
electritions
Original post by HAnwar

Good answer.

If you start on the most basic of levels, farmers and workers at the numerous water purifying plants in the world are invaluable.
Reply 4
Plumbers.
Reply 5
If you read the Restaurant at the end of the universe. Douglas Adams sums up all the pointless jobs quite nicely:

Golgafrincham is a red semi-desert planet that is home of the Great Circling Poets of Arium and a species of particularly inspiring lichen. Its people decided it was time to rid themselves of an entire useless third of their population, and so the descendants of the Circling Poets concocted a story that their planet would shortly be destroyed in a great catastrophe. (It was apparently under threat from a "mutant star goat"). The useless third of the population (consisting of hairdressers, tired TV producers, insurance salesmen, personnel officers, security guards, management consultants, telephone sanitisers and the like) were packed into the B-Ark, one of three purported giant Ark spaceships, and told that everyone else would follow shortly in the other two. The other two thirds of the population, of course, did not follow and "led full, rich and happy lives until they were all suddenly wiped out by a virulent disease contracted from a dirty telephone".
Original post by HAnwar

even evolutionally speaking?
Architects. Unless you all want to be homeless and live under a tree for the rest of your life. All humans need a place of protection and habitation.
Original post by Kieran2015
Architects. Unless you all want to be homeless and live under a tree for the rest of your life. All humans need a place of protection and habitation.

You need food and water to live under that tree in the first place.
Binmen and the people who take the bodies away.
Reply 10
Teachers
The creative industries

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Police
Original post by Infraspecies
Binmen and the people who take the bodies away.

Who are the people that take the bodies away? who the grim reaper:wink:?
Those in the health industry and in education.
Doctors. We'd all die without any medical care.
Original post by EconObsessed
Doctors. We'd all die without any medical care.
we will all day with medical care.
We will all die.
Original post by Kieran2015

Just buy a tent?
The folk that fix the internet.

The internet should by now have its own prominent place in Maslow's pyramid of needs.
There is a reason the oldest profession is so called...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending