The Student Room Group

Do i have any chance at a top uni? Please help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harry734
thanks, are you at lse?

i didn't say it was a get out of jail free card but it may make them more lenient with my lower grades as i was at a disadvantage compared with other students, chill out

I didn't say you said. But the unis will be used to people trying to use sob stories when they miss a couple of grades. You haven't mentioned if you told your school or the exam boards. If you didn't, they won't take it into account. If you did and you got boosted but you still got 2 Bs, that won't sing your praises either. Just being a realist.
Reply 21
Original post by infairverona
I didn't say you said. But the unis will be used to people trying to use sob stories when they miss a couple of grades. You haven't mentioned if you told your school or the exam boards. If you didn't, they won't take it into account. If you did and you got boosted but you still got 2 Bs, that won't sing your praises either. Just being a realist.
i told the school and have doctors/therapists that can confirm, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about so we'll just leave it there, but i've had no 'boost'.
i told the school and have doctors/therapists that can confirm, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about so we'll just leave it there, but i've had no 'boost'.

Sorry why do I not know what I'm talking about? By boost I mean that when you tell the exam board and prove you have MC you usually get an increase in your grades up to 5%. Clearly YOU don't understand MCs and how it works. Why ask if you don't want the answer...
Reply 23
Sorry why do I not know what I'm talking about? By boost I mean that when you tell the exam board and prove you have MC you usually get an increase in your grades up to 5%. Clearly YOU don't understand MCs and how it works. Why ask if you don't want the answer...
you've just described my health as a 'sob story' and have been extremely unhelpful, my health impacted me all year round and for several years and so it will naturally lead to lower grades all round, not just on the day of an exam, which means they may be more lenient with me if this is explained rather than just give me more marks and treat me the same as everyone else, I'm guessing you're quite old, so i've asked you nicely to just stop posting, you're not at all helpful
you've just described my health as a 'sob story' and have been extremely unhelpful, my health impacted me all year round and for several years and so it will naturally lead to lower grades all round, not just on the day of an exam, which means they may be more lenient with me if this is explained rather than just give me more marks and treat me the same as everyone else, I'm guessing you're quite old, so i've asked you nicely to just stop posting, you're not at all helpful

I didn't say anywhere that your story was a sob story. Your comprehension skills are not very good. I made a general statement that unis don't take kindly on people who don't declare their MCs but then have a sob story as to why their grades aren't up to scratch - true.

I'm not 'quite old', I'm 23 and I had very similar circumstances to you throughout my A levels and my degree. I am telling you from my own experience. You consider this 'not helpful' because you don't like the answer, not because anything I say is less valid - an exceptionally immature attitude. If you want to apply, then apply. But be prepared for a negative response to your application if you got an uplift in your grades and you still didn't get grades that LSE want.

[e] also I've just seen on another of your threads that it will have taken you 3 years to do A levels which you didn't mention. You need to check that LSE accept this - a number of unis don't. I think that tends to be more for medicine and dentistry but still need to check in case they have a policy on this for all courses
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 25
I didn't say anywhere that your story was a sob story. Your comprehension skills are not very good. I made a general statement that unis don't take kindly on people who don't declare their MCs but then have a sob story as to why their grades aren't up to scratch - true.

I'm not 'quite old', I'm 23 and I had very similar circumstances to you throughout my A levels and my degree. I am telling you from my own experience. You consider this 'not helpful' because you don't like the answer, not because anything I say is less valid - an exceptionally immature attitude. If you want to apply, then apply. But be prepared for a negative response to your application if you got an uplift in your grades and you still didn't get grades that LSE want.

[e] also I've just seen on another of your threads that it will have taken you 3 years to do A levels which you didn't mention. You need to check that LSE accept this - a number of unis don't. I think that tends to be more for medicine and dentistry but still need to check in case they have a policy on this for all courses
(y)
Reply 26

but with health issues most allow it, even for medicine
but with health issues most allow it, even for medicine

"(y)"
Have a good chance , but Economics at LSE is very competitive - so your gonna need to standout on your PS etc. However , your chance of other top Russel group unis is very high , so dont worry.

Quick Reply

Latest