The Student Room Group
Original post by Jenx301
Ok, so I think I am on the electoral register and as far as I am aware that is how they pick people to be on a jury. How likely is it that I get chosen? I know it is probably ridiculous but I am very worried that I will be picked. I have mental health problems and I really don't want to do it.

:colondollar:

I'm not sure about the details of this but apparently mental health problems (that require ongoing treatment) exempt you from doing Jury service so it's possible you wouldn't have to do it in the first place. If anxiety is a problem then there's always a way around things, in the unlikely event that you were called up soon (which really is unlikely because I know lots of adults who have never been called up) then there will definitely be people you can contact to try to find a solution. The last thing they want is a juror who isn't able to function properly because they're too anxious!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Plagioclase
I'm not sure about the details of this but apparently mental health problems (that require ongoing treatment) exempt you from doing Jury service so it's possible you wouldn't have to do it in the first place. If anxiety is a problem then there's always a way around things, in the unlikely event that you were called up soon (which really is unlikely because I know lots of adults who have never been called up) then there will definitely be people you can contact to try to find a solution. The last thing they want is a juror who isn't able to function properly because they're too anxious!

Thank you, I don't think I am the type of person they would like on a jury. I can't make my own decisions, let alone decisions about someone elses future. I won't even use public transport alone so yeah.

thanks
Then why are you a student presumably going to University in the hopes of gaining a career? I assume you'll let your potential employers know you have a mental health problem and are unable to make decisions for yourself let alone anyone else?
Reply 4
Original post by JohnnyBlaze
Then why are you a student presumably going to University in the hopes of gaining a career? I assume you'll let your potential employers know you have a mental health problem and are unable to make decisions for yourself let alone anyone else?

Well done, you're replying to a 2 year old thread.
Original post by Drewski
Well done, you're replying to a 2 year old thread. And making sod all sense while you do so.

Yeah I didn't notice when it was originally posted, I'm a bit worried it doesn't make sense to you.

Latest

Trending

Trending