The Student Room Group

AS Economics Advice

Hi everyone,

I started A levels 4 weeks ago now. I spent 2 weeks doing fine art which I hated so I changed it to economics. And I'm really struggling with it.

I have straight A targets and I don't have a clue how I'll get one. At the moment I'm doing unit 1 and 2 at the same time, as I have 2 different teachers. (how they work and why they fail and managing the economy. Respectively.) I understand the content mostly but I don't know how to consolidate it and use it in my exam technique.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to succeed in getting a high A in this subject I do Edexcel.
Are you doing the new spec correct?
Reply 2
can someone please discuss/answer this economic issue and tell me where to start as I am unsure where to begin thanks!!
"during elections, it tends to be the case that those with low incomes vote for parties that offer high tax rates and high government spending. Conversely, those on high incomes tend to vote for parties that offer low tax rates and low government spending".
using cost/benefit analysis, how might we explain this??
Reply 3
Original post by Smiith96
can someone please discuss/answer this economic issue and tell me where to start as I am unsure where to begin thanks!!
"during elections, it tends to be the case that those with low incomes vote for parties that offer high tax rates and high government spending. Conversely, those on high incomes tend to vote for parties that offer low tax rates and low government spending".
using cost/benefit analysis, how might we explain this??

Get lost make your own thread.
Reply 4
Original post by BruceReynolds16
Hi everyone,

I started A levels 4 weeks ago now. I spent 2 weeks doing fine art which I hated so I changed it to economics. And I'm really struggling with it.

I have straight A targets and I don't have a clue how I'll get one. At the moment I'm doing unit 1 and 2 at the same time, as I have 2 different teachers. (how they work and why they fail and managing the economy. Respectively.) I understand the content mostly but I don't know how to consolidate it and use it in my exam technique.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to succeed in getting a high A in this subject I do Edexcel.

I'd say the key thing to do is start doing exam questions asap, especially the multiple choice questions in Unit 1, they're easy marks and pretty much made the difference between a B and an A for me last year
Hi BruceReynolds16,

If you understand the content you should be in good shape! The actual exam questions are quite easily interpreted.

Strongly recommend you purchase this series of guides to act as a checklist for your knowledge (they're relatively short) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Economics-Student-Unit-Guide/dp/144414782X

Use the multiple choice tests to consolidate your learning and ask your teacher for the mark schemes to any questions you answer in class.

Hope this helps,

Tom (IDK-tuition.com: online maths, economics and ACT tuition/resources)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending