The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester Applicants for 2016

Scroll to see replies

With grades BBB @ AS (B in english due to change to A due to coursework remarks) and AAA as predictions and a strong personal statement, how likely do you reckon it is to recieve an offer for English BA?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Where from: Cheshire
AS/A2 subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Psychology, Chemistry (Dropped Chemistry)
AS/A2 grades: AABC respectively. Predicted A*AA respectively.
Course applying for: Maths BSc.

I picked Manchester because I loved the open day, it looked like a really good university and I could see myself studying there.

I'm also applying to Nottingham, QUB, Sheffield and Oxford Brookes and I'm torn between which one I'd pick as my firm between Manchester and Nottingham. Any1 have a preference?
London
English, Russian, History of Art (History at AS)
AAAB, predicted A*A*A*

Just got an offer for joint honours in Russian and History of Art :smile: It's my first offer, my personal statement was a bit risky, so I' very happy and relieved!!

I also applied to Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, and Oxford but have yet to hear from the others yet...
Original post by miacat
Also now aware of someone who has an offer for Modern History & Politics

Yeah I got an offer for History and Politics a couple of days ago. Is that what you applied for?
Reply 44
I got an interview for biomed yesterday! :smile:
Where from: Well, originally I'm from Poland :tongue:
AS/A2 subjects: Psychology, History, Media
AS/A2 grades: ACC (I'll be resitting the Cs)
Course applying for: History and Russian

I liked Manchester mainly for the town's historical background (Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels ...). The museum I went to while on my open day was amazing, it had everything from mummies to dinosaurs and was definitely the highlight of my day. I'm not sure if I like the history modules though, personally I really enjoy learning about Germany and Russia the most, and from what I've seen I wouldn't really have the opportunity to do that and instead of modern history there is a lot of medieval history. Regardless, I wouldn't mind going of my comfort zone and it would be a nice change.
Original post by IsabellaSVM

Just got an offer for joint honours in Russian and History of Art :smile: It's my first offer, my personal statement was a bit risky, so I' very happy and relieved!!

Original post by MouseyBrown
Yeah I got an offer for History and Politics a couple of days ago. Is that what you applied for?

How long did you guys wait for an offer? I applied on the 13th and have yet to hear from them.:biggrin: My course is History and Russian :h:
Original post by Fleming1928
How long did you guys wait for an offer? I applied on the 13th and have yet to hear from them.:biggrin: My course is History and Russian :h:

I sent my application the 13th and got the offer late on the 14th.
I sent my application the 13th and got the offer late on the 14th.

I'm really worried that they won't give me an offer ... I've heard many Manchester applicants get quick offers.
Where from: Manchester
AS/A2 subjects: Maths, Economics, Law, ICT
AS/A2 grades: AABB
Course applying for: Law, but I got into pre-university Economics course, so may think about it as they will drop a grade (To ABB)

The city itself isn't too bad, but to all the students STAY AWAY FROM RUSHOLME or you'll get stabbed and mugged and raped there.
Original post by Fleming1928
I'm really worried that they won't give me an offer ... I've heard many Manchester applicants get quick offers.

Yeah I didn't want to tell you the dates cause I knew you would think that. I really would not read too much into it at all. I have also applied to Warwick, and there are tonnes of people on another thread who have already had offers from there. I haven't.

Don't worry about it for now......it could be just that the Russian department are too slow, or a million other reasons that have no bearing whatsoever on your chances of getting an offer.
Yeah I didn't want to tell you the dates cause I knew you would think that. I really would not read too much into it at all. I have also applied to Warwick, and there are tonnes of people on another thread who have already had offers from there. I haven't.

Don't worry about it for now......it could be just that the Russian department are too slow, or a million other reasons that have no bearing whatsoever on your chances of getting an offer.

Yeah, I need to think positive. Some of my other choices have been sending me emails throughout the three days saying they're looking at my offer, Manchester hasn't sent me anything yet so maybe they're just slow. :smile:
Don't be nervous, it's not a real interview. You have an offer from them but they want to interview you so that if you don't meet the conditions, you still have a chance of getting in.
Reply 53
Where from: Leicester
AS/A2 subjects: Maths, History, English Literature, French (AS)
AS/A2 grades: AABB
Course applying for: Applied for two different courses as I couldn't decide 1) Politics and Modern History 2) PPE

Absolutely love the city, fantastic uni and both fantastic degrees with good grade requirements (both AAB). I have received offers for both courses, so now I just need to choose one of the two and hopefully get the grades!
Hi everyone!

I applied to Manchester with my final US qualifications since mid-September but haven't heard anything... not even an acknowledgement.:s-smilie: Nothing to do but wait. It's awful :frown:
Reply 55
Where from: East mids
AS/A2 subjects:Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Geology (for AS)
AS/A2 grades: AS-AAAA predicted-A*A*A*
Course applying for: Mathematics

I'm applying bc I liked the feel of a big city that's not London, the music scene, the Maths course has a good reputation and the uni seems to put a lot of emphasis on social responsibility etc :smile:
Reply 56
I got an offer for Physics with Astrophysics today!! If I can meet my offer, I'll be joining you guys in the UK in September! :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Where from: Birmingham
AS/A2 subjects: AS History and EPQ, A2 Biology, Chemistry, General Studies and Psychology
AS/A2 grades: AABBB at AS, A* in EPQ, A*A* achieved in General Studies and Psychology already, predicted AA in Biology and Chemistry
Course applying for: Neuroscience with Industrial Experience

I really liked Manchester on the open day and I liked how they presented the course. Plus the nightlife is good as I've been told :tongue:

Got an interview on the 4th of November!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by Regulus
I got an offer for Physics with Astrophysics today!! If I can meet my offer, I'll be joining you guys in the UK in September! :biggrin:

Congrats ! :biggrin: what was your offer, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by Padc
Congrats ! :biggrin: what was your offer, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!! I need 5s on the AP Calc BC and Physics 2 exams, and at least 4 on the AP Chem test. Overall though, I think you did better in your qualifications than I did in mine, so your offer will probably be easier! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending