The Student Room Group

Would it be worth getting acrylic nails?

I've wanted to get my nails done for a long time, but not sure if it'd be worth it. I work in a hairdressers either once or twice a week, and I'm not sure whether washing clients hair will affect how the nails stay on. Will this cause them to fall off quicker?
Depends how oily your natural nails are and how good the skills of the nail tech are and the quality of product used.

There are so many variables that you would only know by trying but I would hope to get a good two weeks out of them. Just be sure to go to a tech that doesn't use a drill on natural nails and don't be afraid to check they are qualified.
It's a tricky question ... the answer falls down on how strong your nails are and the quality of the acrylic nails.

Just be sure to give your nails a breather sometimes, otherwise they'll get weak.

My friend had acrylic nails done and she accidentally ripped it off, and some of her nail underneath came off with it and it's really flimsy. However, another friend of mine use acrylics and her nails grew nice and healthy underneath.
Re ripping off....It is so so important to be realistic about the sort of length that is practical. Worth discussing with the nail tech too. For example, square shape can be easier to get on with than almond shape if someone is used to having shorter nails.
Original post by amyanne98
I've wanted to get my nails done for a long time, but not sure if it'd be worth it. I work in a hairdressers either once or twice a week, and I'm not sure whether washing clients hair will affect how the nails stay on. Will this cause them to fall off quicker?

I knew a few girls who got their nails done. Like they rarely/never had natural nails (that I noticed). Also one of the teachers always had french manicured (not to my taste) false nails, she had no problems that I knew of. The only nail related that she'd ever warned us about was to be mindful and use pads of fingers/not be tempted to use nails.

:wizard:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending