The Student Room Group

Transfering uni's

Hi there. I just started my third and final year at Reading University last week for Computer Science after having a gap year. I am having a totally rubbish time and it is causing me to have sever anxiety/depression. I don't know anyone in my new halls, and everyone seems to be a foreign student. Not only that, but i have some mental health issues that seem to be creeping back up on me and also a bad gambling addiction (please be understanding). Is it possible to transfer universities now after a week of term to my hometown university of Wolverhampton so i can live at home and study? I feel i will do MUCH better if this can be the case. They offer the same course as Reading, i was just wondering if this is possible once term has started. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated... thanks!
Original post by warg85zak
Hi there. I just started my third and final year at Reading University last week for Computer Science after having a gap year. I am having a totally rubbish time and it is causing me to have sever anxiety/depression. I don't know anyone in my new halls, and everyone seems to be a foreign student. Not only that, but i have some mental health issues that seem to be creeping back up on me and also a bad gambling addiction (please be understanding). Is it possible to transfer universities now after a week of term to my hometown university of Wolverhampton so i can live at home and study? I feel i will do MUCH better if this can be the case. They offer the same course as Reading, i was just wondering if this is possible once term has started. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated... thanks!

Few unis take third year transfers but the only way to find out us to ring them and ask asap.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by warg85zak

Go straight to your admin. Your case might be a bit special. since it had just been a week or two. Take the admin's advice into mind. If it doesn't turn out the way you want it to then you have to find a way to fight off your anxieties.
No offence, but man up and finish the degree. Reading university will look much better than Wolverhampton on your cv. And if you move now employers will ask why, and the reasoning will make you seem weak. Sorry for being so blunt but it's true

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by mizzsnazzter
No offence, but man up and finish the degree. Reading university will look much better than Wolverhampton on your cv. And if you move now employers will ask why, and the reasoning will make you seem weak. Sorry for being so blunt but it's true

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, thanks for the reply but in my state, staying in Reading is not an option. As for what looks good on my CV, that's only applicable for very high end jobs and i'd rather take a 1st from wolverhampton than a 2:2 from Reading. Anyway they got back in touch and said that they don't accept transfer to third years, but they do accept top up degree's. I really struggled with programming (stupid I know doing computer science) so i have looked at the options of computer networking or BSc (Hons)Management of IT (Top-up). How much programming is involved in Computer Networking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending