The Student Room Group

Fastest offer senders

So which unis are already sending offers? I've so far heard of Warwick, Edinburgh and York (only in sciences I think).
Reply 1
WHoa, I haven't even applied yet

I really need to

Back to my personal statement :redface:
Reply 2
Coventry, I think
Reply 3
Original post by suny97
Coventry, I think

Loool really?? I have a friend that dreams of going there. He'll do anything to get in. For which course?
Reply 4
Original post by Alexion
WHoa, I haven't even applied yet

I really need to

Back to my personal statement :redface:

haha I also haven't send off my application. Where are you applying?
Edinburgh? Everyone told me they wait till January 15th.
Original post by ceco_moev
So which unis are already sending offers? I've so far heard of Warwick, Edinburgh and York (only in sciences I think).

Warwick and Bristol are the two all the people at my school have been getting straight away. Shame I didn't apply to either... I continue to sit in suspense. Great.
Reply 7
Original post by maracatinca
Edinburgh? Everyone told me they wait till January 15th.

Yeah I was also suprised but have read somewhere in TSR that some people aready got offers!
Kent was the fastest last year, followed by Birmingham, Manchester, Reading. Durham was months later, no surprise there..........
Yeah I was also suprised but have read somewhere in TSR that some people aready got offers!

Hm, really makes you think. What unis and courses are you applying to?
Manchester politics always get them out really fast.
haha I also haven't send off my application. Where are you applying?

Southampton, Imperial, Bath, Birmingham and Surrey for Electronic Engineering :h:

Plan is to get in before the Oxbridge deadline to fool them into thinking I'm applying to one of those :wink:
Reply 12
Original post by Alexion
Southampton, Imperial, Bath, Birmingham and Surrey for Electronic Engineering :h:

Plan is to get in before the Oxbridge deadline to fool them into thinking I'm applying to one of those :wink:

And why not Oxbridge? Isn't it harder to get in Imperial?
Original post by suny97
And why not Oxbridge? Isn't it harder to get in Imperial?

Ah, I don't like the courses at Oxbridge. Prefer the 5 I've got.

Shouldn't be harder to get into Imperial, a lot of their applicants are actually Oxbridge applicants who would take Oxford or Cambridge as their first choice...
Reply 14
Original post by Sparster
Warwick and Bristol are the two all the people at my school have been getting straight away. Shame I didn't apply to either... I continue to sit in suspense. Great.

Where have you applied? I will give Warwick a shot, partly due to the fast offer. (if I am good eough obviously)
Where have you applied? I will give Warwick a shot, partly due to the fast offer. (if I am good eough obviously)

I am doing Cambridge, Durham, Exeter, Birmingham, Southampton. And I am not entirely sure it is wise to choose a university based on the quick response time just saying :P A few weeks really doesn't matter in the long run but by means go for Warwick if you like it :smile:
Does anyone know if Northampton give out early offers? I'm constantly refreshing my emails :s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
Reply 17
Original post by maracatinca
Hm, really makes you think. What unis and courses are you applying to?

Original post by Sparster
I am doing Cambridge, Durham, Exeter, Birmingham, Southampton. And I am not entirely sure it is wise to choose a university based on the quick response time just saying :P A few weeks really doesn't matter in the long run but by means go for Warwick if you like it :smile:

@Sparster, it's a bit more complicated :biggrin: If I'm not accepted to do PPE at a prestigious uni, I'll do Architecture at my home country. So, I'm applying to: LSE, UCL, Oxford, Warwick, King's!
(edited 8 years ago)
@Sparster, it's a bit more complicated :biggrin: If I'm not accepted to do PPE at a prestigious uni, I'll do Architecture at my home country. So, I'm applying to: LSE, UCL, Oxford, Warwick, King's!

Yeah I understand that, someone else has that same issue so I can relate. Good luck with it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending