The Student Room Group

Personal Statement help PLEASE!

I resat yr12 because I got EED but this year I improved my grades and was able to achieve BCC. Should I include in my personal statement that I was able to improve my AS Biology grade from an E to a B. I want to show that I'm hard-working and committed towards the subject, does this sound positive???
Reply 1
You won't be declaring those prior grades so I wouldn't mentioned it tbh. If you can find other examples of how you've acknowledged your short-comings and worked on them then use them.
Reply 2
Original post by e.thakur4
I resat yr12 because I got EED but this year I improved my grades and was able to achieve BCC. Should I include in my personal statement that I was able to improve my AS Biology grade from an E to a B. I want to show that I'm hard-working and committed towards the subject, does this sound positive???

No, it would be a waste of space and it wouldn't necessarily work in your favour
No, that information should go in your teacher's reference, don't waste your precious words.
Original post by nicatre
You won't be declaring those prior grades so I wouldn't mentioned it tbh. If you can find other examples of how you've acknowledged your short-comings and worked on them then use them.

All grades must be declared, so yes, they will be on the application. I see from your sig that it is a long time since you applied - things have changed since then.
(edited 8 years ago)

No. The ps is a positive statement of why you want to do the course you're applying for, not an apology for what went wrong in the past.
Reply 6
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
All grades must be declared, so yes, they will be on the application. I see from your sig that it is a long time since you applied - things have changed since then.

So I have to declare my grades from my first year too?
So I have to declare my grades from my first year too?

Yes. Ucas is very clear on this:

http://help.ucas.com/contract12/index.html
Reply 8
Why waste words on this? They want positives not negatives. Think of things you do that can show commitment - (clubs? instrument? part time job?). These also make you look like an interesting and well-rounded person apposed to 'grovelling' for a place at a uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending