The Student Room Group

Spots on my face!!!!

help please, I need someone to help me get rid of them, it looks nasty and I've got a few dark marks now bc of them... I'm starting to use lemon juice as I have heard it helps with spots please get back to me and help me if theres any other methods (THAT ACTUALLY WORK)

Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Tea tree oil on the spots to help them go down.
Keep your face clean using a facewash for spot prone skin
Change pillow case frequently (once a week)
Use a separate towel to dry your face (and only the face)
Use bio oil/coconut oil/avocado oil to get rid of the scarring (test the coconut or avocado oil on a small patch first incase you are allergic or it gives you more spots. They either work really well for people or give others spots)
What part of your face are they? :smile:
Go to your doctor and get a cream. I've tried everything on the market and in the food cupboards ever and nothing really helps.
TCP(antiseptic), Sudo Cream(antiseptic with healing), body shop Tee tree facial wash(generally good), boots tee tree blemish stick(apparently stops spots). That's what I use every night

Don't use the doctor prescriptions!!!!!!!!!!! (it caused my biggest ever spot breakout) - They are too strong and does worse than good (it irritated my skin).

Don't pick spots!, my face becomes 20% clearer after a week of not touching
Wash your face twice a day with magnolia soap - impedes sebum production.
Reply 6
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Tea tree oil on the spots to help them go down.
Keep your face clean using a facewash for spot prone skin

This.
Seriously, just stop caring. I have the same problem and I have tried literally everything. Nothing works.
ask for accutane, no other solution.
tooth paste
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
help please, I need someone to help me get rid of them, it looks nasty and I've got a few dark marks now bc of them... I'm starting to use lemon juice as I have heard it helps with spots please get back to me and help me if theres any other methods (THAT ACTUALLY WORK)

Thank you!

I know what u mean. I got some mad spots on my ass, apparantly sitting on a cheese grater and twerking works pretty well! I tried that, and, well.....
Reply 11
i had spots from the age of like 11 and i'm 17 now and they JUST started going. I've tried literally everything over the counter - all those regimes from clinique and skn and chanel and everything. All those cleansers, toners, moisturisers etc. But imma tell you what has never failed me:

benzoyl peroxide. also known as DUAC. just get the doctor to prescribe it for you.

I use the a tea tree and witch hazel cleanser from Boots (they have the scrub too, which i use like twice a week), then i dry my face with clean tissues (not a bacteria ridden towel) and then I use clinique's anti-blemish solutions clarifying lotion (you can use any type of lotion or toner that removes dead skin cells), i then apply the benzoyl peroxide cream (i got the 5% one, i recommend you start on 2.5%) all over my face, and lastly i moisturise using a tea tree moisturiser from the body shop because benzoyl peroxide can dry out your skin

when my hormones were crazy i used to use differin (also a strong topical cream for acne) at night and benzoyl peroxide in the morning but that dried out my face SO bad, it was red and flaky and even my eyelids were peeling - so don't use too much!

i think just get a decent foam cleanser, a good toner or dead skin cell removing liquid, benzoyl peroxide, and a tea tree moisturiser - that's good enough! you'll notice a difference in like a week. Legit, if you use it twice a day, and put it all over your face from tomorrow, by next wednesday your face will be like 90% clear, and your spots will have dried. but you HAVE to STICK to it!

AND change your pillowcase EVERY 2 DAYS AT LEASTTTT! don't touch your face and don't wear makeup that blocks your pores. don't pop your spots but if you do, make sure your face is clean before you do it, and that you fingers are clean too, and wash your face after too, and put BP on straight after.

Good luck! :biggrin:
I've had acne since the age of around nine and just now it seems to be clearing up.
I would recommend any kind of tea tree product, and if you were really on a budget or wanted to use it anyway, Sudocrem is really good for clearing up spots.
I always carry a bottle of hand sanitiser with me, as I find it helps when I subconsciously touch my face.
If it really gets severe, a doctor usually prescribes topical creams first.
I started off with Zineryt which is a topical anti-biotic.
Then I went on to Benzoyl Peroxide (Acnecide- which for some reason is less available now).

At the moment I've been prescribed Erythromycin (which is an anti-biotic) and Dianette which through some process is supposed to lessen oil production. Unfortunately I had to go through a variety of medications before I could get to ones that start working. Accutane is usually only prescribed with incredibly severe or persistent acne, and I think it would be rare for a doctor to jump straight to that solution.

I only hope that it doesn't last so long for you that you have to resort to stronger medications, but I wish you the best of luck :smile:
Lemon Juice
A quick and easy solution can be found in your kitchen or your nearest grocery store lemon juice. Lemons have vitamin C that can lighten dark spots on your face. It’s easy to apply.

Put some fresh lemon juice on a cotton ball and rub it directly on the affected skin area.

Allow it to dry and then wash it off with plain water.

Continue applying this dark spot removal home remedy for at least two weeks to get the desired result.

Potato
Your vegetable drawer is another source of home remedies for black spots or dark patches. Potatoes can be applied in one of the two ways:

Slice up a potato and place one slice directly on the black spots; leave on for a few minutes and then wash your face with lukewarm water.

You can also make a face mask by combining grated potato with honey.

I recommend this anti-bacterial stick:

Thank you everyone for the responses I appreciate it although my spots have gotten worse :/ and they're all just above my nose so in between both eye brows its absolutely disgusting :frown:

@tinkerbell_xxx
@Hevachan
@ILovePancakes
@GermanNoah
@Ser Alex Toyne
@HAnwar
@Mystery.
@whydoidothis?
@jamesthehustler
@niall kanemyass
@z33
@black_mamba
@xboxcontact
@AmeliaBaldwin

Damn that took forever to do -.-
Reply 16
Thank you everyone for the responses I appreciate it although my spots have gotten worse :/ and they're all just above my nose so in between both eye brows its absolutely disgusting :frown:

@tinkerbell_xxx
@Hevachan
@ILovePancakes
@GermanNoah
@Ser Alex Toyne
@HAnwar
@Mystery.
@whydoidothis?
@jamesthehustler
@niall kanemyass
@z33
@black_mamba
@xboxcontact
@AmeliaBaldwin

Damn that took forever to do -.-

awh thanks :redface: and i'm sorry it didn't work :frown: But these things take time obviously and it will get worse before it gets better, but don't stop, stick to it

also are you allergic to dairy or something - it might be in the food
Original post by z33
awh thanks :redface: and i'm sorry it didn't work :frown: But these things take time obviously and it will get worse before it gets better, but don't stop, stick to it

also are you allergic to dairy or something - it might be in the food

No I'm not allergic to anything :/ I tried using face creams and nothing works apart from on the day i apply it it goes really small but then after 30 mins its back to normal UGLY AS EVER :frown: I have a reputation to keep at school now these spots are just killing me :frown:
Reply 18
No I'm not allergic to anything :/ I tried using face creams and nothing works apart from on the day i apply it it goes really small but then after 30 mins its back to normal UGLY AS EVER :frown: I have a reputation to keep at school now these spots are just killing me :frown:

don't let it affect your confidence! trust me from experience i know that we see it much worse than others do. stick to the creams, benzoyl peroxide in particular, change your pillowcase! and you can apply concealer in the meantime. there's this http://www.superdrug.com/Simple/Simple-Spotless-Skin-Rapid-Action-Spot-Zapper-15ml/p/205719?gclid=CNSc86vDuMgCFSUFwwodRyYM7A&gclsrc=aw.ds#.VhlX7flViko

which worked well for me and you reapply it during the day and it makes the spots smaller. apply BP every morning and every night! you can't miss it!
Did you pop them before they were ready to be popped?

Be sure to clean your face thoroughly every evening with lukewarm water, and finish off with cold water to close your pores.

Coconut oil is great for the scarring.

Quick Reply

Latest