The Student Room Group

Only doing AS?

Hi!

I'm currently filling in my UCAS application form. So far I've put 4 A-levels which I will have completed next year.

However, this year (Y13) I took 2 more AS subjects Spanish and Further Maths. My teachers will not predict my grades. As I'll only do half of the A level, is there a way to show that on UCAS? Or is it just something I can include in my personal statement?

Thanks.
Original post by pecora
Hi!

I'm currently filling in my UCAS application form. So far I've put 4 A-levels which I will have completed next year.

However, this year (Y13) I took 2 more AS subjects Spanish and Further Maths. My teachers will not predict my grades. As I'll only do half of the A level, is there a way to show that on UCAS? Or is it just something I can include in my personal statement?

Thanks.

yes press 'add qualification' and then select advanced subsidiary (first award 2001) then just enter your AS exams. Since you are doing these 2 additional AS I think you can leave it as pending for the grades. You have to enter in all your AS you have done anyway into the same section. Then you'll have to add the subjects youre carrying onto a2 under 'add qualification' and then advanced level, then you'll enter subjects and leave the grade as pending. So there should be 2 qualifications under the sixth form you are at or if you did your gsces there too then 3.

If I am wrong please do correct me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Raven1998
yes press 'add qualification' and then select advanced subsidiary (first award 2001) then just enter your AS exams. Since you are doing these 2 additional AS I think you can leave it as pending for the grades. You have to enter in all your AS you have done anyway into the same section. Then you'll have to add the subjects youre carrying onto a2 under 'add qualification' and then advanced level, then you'll enter subjects and leave the grade as pending. So there should be 2 qualifications under the sixth form you are at or if you did your gsces there too then 3.

If I am wrong please do correct me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. Just one thing then do I enter AS and A2 separately? I thought you were just supposed to everything under the GCE A level and leave it all as Pending.
Original post by pecora
Thank you. Just one thing then do I enter AS and A2 separately? I thought you were just supposed to everything under the GCE A level and leave it all as Pending.

Yes. Put down AS once with grades achieved, then a second time as pending. Put down A2 as pending.
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Yes. Put down AS once with grades achieved, then a second time as pending. Put down A2 as pending.

Okay, thanks. So I put AS's under GCE Advanced Subsidiary (first award 2001). What about A2? Double Award?
Original post by pecora
Okay, thanks. So I put AS's under GCE Advanced Subsidiary (first award 2001). What about A2? Double Award?

GCE Advanced award. Double Award is GCSE.
Original post by pecora

no I could have sworn you put a2 with pending grades under gce advanced level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Beautiful, I'm sending off my application now. Thank you!
Original post by pecora
Beautiful, I'm sending off my application now. Thank you!

good luck with your choices!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest