The Student Room Group

Will I be kicked out of uni ?

I started uni lectures last Monday, and I went to all of the, except on Friday, because I fell and ill on the Thursday night and went home for the weekend. On my timetable it said I had nothing tomorrow (Monday) so booked my tickets to come back tomorrow afternoon.

I now find out that a) attendance was taken on Friday
And b) that there is actually a lecture tomorrow and attendance will also be taken for that

So now for both days they decide to take attendance I'll have been absent!

Will I be kicked out of uni for this ?
No.
No usually you need to miss more than 2 to be kicked out, however it is common curtesy to email the lecturer and let them know you won't be coming in.
For missing 2 lectures o.O?
Original post by lachachacha
I started uni lectures last Monday, and I went to all of the, except on Friday, because I fell and ill on the Thursday night and went home for the weekend. On my timetable it said I had nothing tomorrow (Monday) so booked my tickets to come back tomorrow afternoon.

And b) that there is actually a lecture tomorrow and attendance will also be taken for that

You were ill. It's acceptable to miss a few lectures for an illness. They can't kick you out because of that - but you should let them (lecturers/tutors) know.
Reply 5
No they won't.
Original post by lachachacha

Would your employer be p****d off with such a nonchalant attitude to work? Yes.

So, why would you expect less of a University? You weren't actually sick - you could easily have made it to University. You were lazy and you wanted to take a long weekend. Don't want to get kicked off your course? Then show up, and take it seriously.
Original post by TheCitizenAct
Would your employer be p****d off with such a nonchalant attitude to work? Yes.

So, why would you expect less of a University? You weren't actually sick - you could easily have made it to University. You were lazy and you wanted to take a long weekend. Don't want to get kicked off your course? Then show up, and take it seriously.

OP just said they were ill and had to go home so how "weren't (they) actually sick"?
Original post by thecatwithnohat
OP just said they were ill and had to go home so how "weren't (they) actually sick"?

And you actually believed her?

My dog ate my homework, I've got a stomach bug, I've been feeling low lately, I've got back pain...human nature is just one long, endless pity party to enable an individual to tread the path of least resistance.

If she wants to be there she should take it seriously. Clearly, being sick is enough for her to get on the bus and go home for a chilled out weekend. Good luck doing that in the workplace (well, that said, it's pretty easy in the public sector - they'll believe anything in the name of human compassion).
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheCitizenAct
And you actually believed her?

My dog ate my homework, I've got a stomach bug, I've been feeling low lately, I've got back pain...human nature is just one long, endless pity party to enable an individual to tread the path of least resistance.

If she wants to be there she should take it seriously. Clearly, being sick is enough for her to get on the bus and go home for a chilled out weekend. Good luck doing that in the workplace.

Well I don't really see any reason for her to lie since we don't know her and she doesn't know us.

But alrighty, suit yourself.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Well I don't really see any reason for her to lie since we don't know her and she doesn't know us.

But alrighty, suit yourself.

Everyone lies, about everything.
Reply 11
I atleast miss 3-5 lectures a week, I wouldn't worry about it.
you're paying £9000 a year for these lectures, your lecturers wont give a toss whether you're there or not, they still get paid, but you will be wasting lots of money!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending