The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Applying to Royal Holloway and grades

Hello, I'm considering applying to Royal Holloway for PPE soon, the grade requirements are ABB but I only got BBC.
I'm currently in my gap year so I plan to resit several maths papers to boost my B to an A or perhaps an A*.
Do you think Royal Holloway would give me a conditional with this in mind? Especially if i've written a good personal statement?
Thank you!
Reply 1
Also, do you know of any other unis that may give me an offer considering the best case scenario of an A*BC?
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by JayWalls
Hello, I'm considering applying to Royal Holloway for PPE soon, the grade requirements are ABB but I only got BBC.
I'm currently in my gap year so I plan to resit several maths papers to boost my B to an A or perhaps an A*.
Do you think Royal Holloway would give me a conditional with this in mind? Especially if i've written a good personal statement?
Thank you!

You might be best applying after you have your results
Reply 3
But then I would have to wait another year. I have my current BBC grades and I believe I'll receive my maths resit results on results day 2016.
But then I would have to wait another year. I have my current BBC grades and I believe I'll receive my maths resit results on results day 2016.

I think it's a risk to be honest, especially since PPE is very competitive, but never say never. If the rest of your application was strong and your predictions are ABB you could give it a shot. If you do an EPQ, Royal Holloway lower the requirements so that may work in your favour too :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by antigone-
I think it's a risk to be honest, especially since PPE is very competitive, but never say never. If the rest of your application was strong and your predictions are ABB you could give it a shot. If you do an EPQ, Royal Holloway lower the requirements so that may work in your favour too :smile:

Thank you
Thank you!

Hi Jay,

Taking a gap year and resitting some of your modules sounds like a great idea and we'd definitely recommend making an application to Royal Holloway. As the entry requirements are ABB, I would suggest considering what other modules in other subjects you could retake in order to achieve this.

I hope this helps - if you have any further queries, please do let me know :smile:

Camilla

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending