The Student Room Group

Uni offer with withdrawn UCAS status

After waiting for a while for all offers to come in, I got sick of waiting for the last major one that I would consider (Sheffield) and instead accept Newcastle's offer (I have not actually fully confirmed this yet.)

So I've hastily withdrawn the offer from Sheffield hoping they would receive this news and leave me alone to get on with things.

However, much to my surprise they seemingly want me on the course and have made me an offer. Now to an even bigger surprise, SOAS are now chasing up a lost cause despite a withdrawn offer from them on UCAS and e-mail to follow this up.

Am I to take it, that the system on UCAS hasn't gone through and this info hasn't been sent, or is the entire procedure really slow?

This is posing a problem for me, as I am starting to warm to Sheffield's offer. Could you actually tell UCAS to reinstate the above application and would my offer from Sheffield come through if I did that?

Thanks.
Reply 1
This has happened to a lot of people this year, the unis aren't notified of a withdrawn application until they update UCAS with their offer/rejection. IIRC if you explain the situation to Sheffield (in a way that won't make them hate you that is) and ask them to sort it with UCAS, your application to them can be reinstated.
Reply 2
Time to whip out the charm.

I'm going to speak to their department on the phone first thing tomorrow.
Reply 3
Linguistics and Japanese.

I've actually done the research and there has been a steady decline of Jap entrants. For the first time last year, Chinese overtook Japanese as the main asian language at univeristies.

Shouldn't be a problem, I'll just explain I pressed the wrong button.
That happened to me. Withdrew from Durham in October, got an offer last week.
Yeah, just lie and say you accidentally pressed withdraw but have only just realised- they won't know :p: It should be fine.
Reply 6
Sorted.

:wink:

They were really nice about it. :smile:
Glad you got it sorted :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending